I was wondering if somebody with personal experience could tell me what they thought about the sd8k and 12k amps. Thanks

Nobodyy has ran these amps?

soundigital is one of the best brands out there for amps... very good amps... got to make sure you have the electrical to run those amps though.

Not worried abouut the electrical. I just want to hear from people what they personally thoight about the amps and if theu have ever clamped them

Edited by ChILL

I've clamped 10,600 watts from the 16KD, at 6.6 ohms.

Very nice duran. Stout amp, what voltage?

Edited by ChILL

soundigital is one of the best brands out there for amps... very good amps... got to make sure you have the electrical to run those amps though.

Just seen this comment. roflmao. you must be located in a cave somewhere.

The issue with them is the inherit flaws in the overall design. They are prone to fail and are about impossible to get repaired anymore(in the states anyway). There are only a few places that still repair them(us being one) and non of them(including us) offer any type of a warranty on the repair do to the design of the amp.

When they are working they do typically do around rated power though. Just never know how long it will work.

Edited by pro-rabbit

but tend to go poof...

always wondered about this

so it does rated power right ?

but how clean is it ? , is the the thd high ?

nope my statement stands....

curious what personal experience do you have? Have you ever used one? Or stetsom for that matter? I've seen you pushing both products but never knew you to run any of them? Not starting a pissing match...just asking.

So could you explain the high failure rate and that 99% of all repair companies refuse to repair them do to such a faulty design? I agree they do good power while working, but suggesting they are one of the best out is a huge stretch to say the least.

I will say this again. While working they do some very good numbers. However, they have a very high failure rate do to their faulty design and that is also generating an issue with attempting to get them repaired; as those who do still repair them (including us) are unable to offer any type of warranty on any Brazilian based amplifier.

Edited by pro-rabbit

curious what personal experience do you have? Have you ever used one? Or stetsom for that matter? I've seen you pushing both products but never knew you to run any of them? Not starting a pissing match...just asking.

Are you talking to DreDay or 16k? Cuz...his name is 16k lol...

Are you talking to DreDay or 16k? Cuz...his name is 16k lol...

He is obviously talking to 16k but you got a +1 on your post count. So mission accomplished I guess.

He is obviously talking to 16k but you got a +1 on your post count. So mission accomplished I guess.

Lol.

I asked because...why would he ask someone with the screen name 16K who has Soundigital in his sig who ALSO has a build log posted where he shows the amp...So make sure you know what's goin on before you assume that I'm just post dumping.

Edited by An-i-no

Lol.

I asked because...why would he ask someone with the screen name 16K who has Soundigital in his sig who ALSO has a build log posted where he shows the amp...So make sure you know what's goin on before you assume that I'm just post dumping.

I do know what's going on. He is asking 16k if he has ever actually used one of the amps not just owned them. Which again is obvious...

Lol.

he's never even used the amp is why I asked. His name was also 10k, 14k and now 16k. All of which he never used. He has owned a few amps but didn't use them. And you too should know what's going on before typing.