Sign in to follow this  
toyotrd

Best amp for FI X12?

Im going to be starting my first build soon and i've decided to go with the Fi X12 but I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions on amps for this sub? I want to squeeze every bit of power out of this sub :D

Thanks for any suggestions!

Sub Specs

SINGLE 2 | SINGLE 4 OHM

Fs: 35.6 Hz | 35.8 Hz

Re: 1.9 Ohms/coil | 2.9 Ohms/coil

Qms: 5.58 | 5.55

Qes: .47 | .47

Qts: .44 | .44

Mms: 127.9g | 126.1g

Cms: 1.6mm/N | 1.6mm/N

Sd: 481cm^2 | 481cm^2

Vas: 50.7 l | 50.7 l

Spl: 88.7dB 1W/1m | 88.8dB 1W/1m

Bl: 10.8 N/A | 13.2 N/A

Xmax: 18mm | 18mm

Rms: 400W * | 400W *

Sealed box: .6-1.1 cuft | .6-1.1 cuft

Ported box: 1.6-2.2cuft | 1.6-2.2cuft

Sub OD: 12.500” | 12.500”

Cut ID: 11.125” | 11.125”

Mounting depth: 6.250” | 6.250”

Displacement: 0.08cuft | 0.08cuft

Edited by dNbb

It can be single 2 ohm or single 4ohm. Does it matter what one I choose? I might be getting another one of these subs in a few months..idk if that would matter xD.

Once again this is my first system so im still trying to learn all this stuff. /noobish sigh

I updated my first post with all the specs of the sub.

Edited by dNbb

The more information you can provide, the better the answers will be. How much are you looking to spend on an amplifier for this sub? Do you really think you will be adding another (probably, most of us can't get enough) later on down the road?You'd be better off with the single 2 ohm coil so you can wire to 2 ohm on whatever amplifier you decide on, and if it is 1 ohm stable, you can add another single 2 ohm coil subwoofer and wire down to 1 ohm nominal for :morepower1:

:WELCOME: to SSA!

The more information you can provide, the better the answers will be. How much are you looking to spend on an amplifier for this sub? Do you really think you will be adding another (probably, most of us can't get enough) later on down the road?You'd be better off with the single 2 ohm coil so you can wire to 2 ohm on whatever amplifier you decide on, and if it is 1 ohm stable, you can add another single 2 ohm coil subwoofer and wire down to 1 ohm nominal for :morepower1:

:WELCOME: to SSA!

Im not looking to spend a lot...cheaper the better (probably not good when lookin for an amp huh? xD) I already want another one but its just money that limiting me right now soo yeah i probably will be adding one down the road when I get the $ for it. And thanks! finally decided to join one of these card audio forums ;)

If you went with the SVC 4, there is a blow out on AURA amps on PE: http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=269-188

There is a more powerful model for $99.

Thanks for the answers guys! I've never heard of this brand, is it any good? And so if I were to get another one of these subs + amps, would i be able to use two of these amps together or would i be better off buying a more powerful single amp? Sorry for all the questions lol

A budget would really help us help you.

Oh sorry I keep forgetting to mention that lol. Around $250 is my budget. Any amp that puts out the power I need, has good reviews and is around $250ish (preferably less) i'll take.

Mind buying used? Here's a nice deal on a good amp that will power a Fi X single 2ohm sub (wires to 2 ohm nominal at the amp obviously) nicely and offers plenty of power at 1ohm should you decide to add another X.

Less than half of your budget too. :fing34:

Thanks a lot for the help. I really appreciate it

If that amp is still available in about a month I might consider buying it but I doubt he will have it in a month... so i might have to buy it new for $200.

Edited by dNbb

Sign in to follow this