Sign in to follow this  
MECHMAN

GM OWNERS! Here's the alternator for the ultimate power!

GM OWNERS!

MechMan is now offering our 300a+ unit for GM applications. This is available as a direct bolt-in for your GM trucks and some GM cars without PCM controlled regulation. Silverado, Sierra, Tahoe, Yukon, Suburban, Escalade, 1500, 2500, 3500, S-10, Astro, Caprice, Impala (f/s), H2, and many more are covered by this application.

Over 200a @ idle, over 300a @ 2000rpm as shown in the video on the Silverado (1:05 and 1:53 in the video). You can see over 240a @ idle and over 320a @ 2000rpm as shown previously on my car. These are HOT numbers and this unit can handle sustained loads for maximum power at all engine speeds.

Adjustable voltage up to 15.8v is included, external regulation available at additional charge for those of you who want to go higher.

This unit normally retails for $599 + shipping, we are offering a pre-sale of these unit at $499 + shipping for the remainder of the month of November. That’s a savings of $100! These units will start shipping the first week of December will ship before December 25th.

Orders must be paid in full by the close of business on the last day of November to receive this offer. This is not to be combined with other discounts.

This unit is covered by our excellent 2-year warranty.

To pre-order your new 300a+ hybrid please email eric@mechman.com or call (865)522-6166 ext. 201.

-Eric

Is this a denso hair pin style stator or a conventional wire wound stator?

It's conventional wire, but it's a 6-phase, 96 pole unit. Same thinking as the Denso Hairpin, just using round wire and a lot of it.

You need one of these.

Was this not an option for my Camaro when I asked last week?

holy crap!!!

It's conventional wire, but it's a 6-phase, 96 pole unit. Same thinking as the Denso Hairpin, just using round wire and a lot of it.

While the 6 phase stuff sort of makes sense, two stators in a way. The 96 pole stuff is beyond me. Usually when I hear about poles in an alternator it's referring to the "fingers" wrapping around the field coil on the rotor. Typically there are 12 poles/"fingers" on an alternator. Are you saying there are 96 poles on the rotor of this alternator? :o How much horsepower does it take to produce this much amperage? To the motor this has got to be the equivalent of churning molasses by hand on a cold day. :P

You are right, the 6-phase is basically 2 stators in one, if I recall they are phased 6.5 degrees off from the other.

The pole count is the number of passes through the stack. Your typical 32 pole unit is more common, these are the same pole count as the new Denso Hairpin design.

Due to the high pole count, 6-phase design and the efficiency of the unit the load on the engine is typically less than the same output on your more traditional designs.

You are right, the 6-phase is basically 2 stators in one, if I recall they are phased 6.5 degrees off from the other.

The pole count is the number of passes through the stack. Your typical 32 pole unit is more common, these are the same pole count as the new Denso Hairpin design.

Due to the high pole count, 6-phase design and the efficiency of the unit the load on the engine is typically less than the same output on your more traditional designs.

Okay, I think I get the 96 poles, it's the number of stator wire groups inline with the axis of the alternator?... The reason I ask about the power requirement is I swapped out the CS130 alt out of my olds, in my sig, for a AD244. I cut off the original connector for the CS130 alt and put a AD244 connector with a 5 watt 85 ohm resistor on the "L" terminal. Will this new alternator of yours work in this application?

Okay, I think I get the 96 poles, it's the number of stator wire groups inline with the axis of the alternator?... The reason I ask about the power requirement is I swapped out the CS130 alt out of my olds, in my sig, for a AD244. I cut off the original connector for the CS130 alt and put a AD244 connector with a 5 watt 85 ohm resistor on the "L" terminal. Will this new alternator of yours work in this application?

Right on the pole count.

If you are running an AD244 case like on the F/S GM trucks this will bolt in place. The only concern would be the output stud pointing UP rather than out the back, otherwise it's the same mounting.

Do it Monte....Do it....come on do it.....do it :attempt:

Still taking orders for these units!

Powdercoat, external regulation, clutch pulleys all available too!

Can't go any lower on the price, they are already $100 off each unit from retail.

For multiples I can give a break on the external regulator conversion you will need.

8 more business days to save at least $100 on your new high output alternator!

(865)522-6166 ext. 201 or eric@mechman.com

8:30am to 5:30pm Eastern time Monday through Friday

Shipping more of these units today!

Order yours today!