Angelboy863

Changing my headlights?

Hey everyone, I'd like to know if there is an alternative to changing the color of my headlight without HIDs. I'm not a fan of HIDs because they tend to hurt my eyes when I see people driving so I wouldn't want to do that to others.

But what I do want is to not have the stock "yellowish" light and have a different color like blue, white, etc.

What's a good alternative that isn't so expensive?

silverstar.... xtravision.... PIAA(best I've come across)....

I currently have HIDs, but I've adjusted the headlight assembly to point more downward to compensate for the somewhat sporadic light, my Toyota has a round/separate housing within the headlight for the low beam and it doesn't shoot off too wild... obviously I'd benefit from retro-fit but kinda expensive...

You can't change the color much without HID's. If you aim HID's correctly they don't hurt anyones eyes.

I currently have HIDs, but I've adjusted the headlight assembly to point more downward to compensate for the somewhat sporadic light, my Toyota has a round/separate housing within the headlight for the low beam and it doesn't shoot off too wild... obviously I'd benefit from retro-fit but kinda expensive...

Same here. I have no issues blinding people.

My Cutoff is badass.

20111017_185822.jpg

You can't change the color much without HID's. If you aim HID's correctly they don't hurt anyones eyes.

y-u-no.jpg

why you lie!!!

PIAA have a blue colored bulb and are almost always higher wattage, so they burn white... Problem with them is you notice lots of flickering during bass notes... LOTS!!!

Same here. I have no issues blinding people.

My Cutoff is badass.

20111017_185822.jpg

I need to get my battery or better tool to finish the job better... currently left side is higher since I can't get to it...I'm lazy as well.. Your cutoff looks amazing Drew... And your thumb nails too!!!

why you lie!!!

PIAA have a blue colored bulb and are almost always higher wattage, so they burn white... Problem with them is you notice lots of flickering during bass notes... LOTS!!!

Those things look like a bag of smashed assholes. :suicide-santa:

Well dang, lol. Would a low wattage HID kit not be blinding to the eye? I just hate stock bulbs! My ranger had a 10k HID kit, but I knew I was disturbing to oncoming traffic lol.

Something like 2k?

wattage doesn't matter... it is the light spray or run-off.... it'll be bothersome either way but just more intense with higher wattage... lol.

Look into the PIAA for reals.... they're good

wattage doesn't matter... it is the light spray or run-off.... it'll be bothersome either way but just more intense with higher wattage... lol.

Look into the PIAA for reals.... they're good

Oh. I thought higher the wattage, the brighter the light lol. I'm Lookin at the piaas, could it be as simple as replacing bulbs?

Higher is brighter but with HIDs any wattage is bothersome with light run off.

PIAA are drop in replacement if you get the correct bulb. Lol

Sweet. Yeah I'll make sure it's the right bulb lol. I believe mine is H4.... I'd have to look into that lol. So what do you mean the light flickers every bass note?

why you lie!!!

Those things look like a bag of smashed arsehos. :suicide-santa:

Why you say that?

Sweet. Yeah I'll make sure it's the right bulb lol. I believe mine is H4.... I'd have to look into that lol. So what do you mean the light flickers every bass note?

well, without proper electrical halogen bulbs are more sensitive to voltage changes... the PIAAs are more noticeable since they are higher output...

REPLACEMENT GUIDE

Well I don't want flickering lights..

I would suggest doing a 4300k HID kit and put a slight tint over the headlights to keep the glare down for oncoming traffic.

That's also what some of my friends suggested..

I'm going to experiment.. I'll get the PIAA replacement bulbs and show it here, get some opinions on it and if it's pretty bad, I guess HIDS won't hurt.

HIDS will look right after i get a nice body kit done. I just don't have money for repaint just yet

I'll make a build log on my civic, it's gonna be pretty awesome. Performance, audio, body. Etc.

I'll make a build log on my civic, it's gonna be pretty awesome. Performance, audio, body. Etc.

Dont waste the money. Use it for your sound system,

I got time..

Edited by Angelboy863

I got time..

But the money, why waste it?

Eh, it's not wasting in my opinion. Not looking for a big sound system

Eh, it's not wasting in my opinion. Not looking for a big sound system

But for the people that have to look at them it is. They dont make you see that much better.

ya you cant really change the color without going to HIDs...

and if you aim them correctly you wont blind anyone...

10k = blue

4-6k = white