Punkeyboozter

Sleeping on the Couch

Right of the bat I can tell you this will take a while since its been going on for a while.

The wife already said no so now it has to happen. The couch is ready and the fridge is full.

Here is a teaser pic. More to follow soon.

Belly of the beast

IMG_0068.jpg

brand new i see.

Need more pics!!! :)

The wife already said no so now it has to happen. The couch is ready and the fridge is full.

So much win. :woot:

:ughdunno:

:ughdunno:

:sleepwerd4:

brand new i see.

Hey Jon,

Nah she is the same ride I used before going on 4 years now but the recent floods here kept the underside nice and clean. I was pleasantly surprised myself when I saw it.

Thanks for your input spammer. We don't care about your sentimental feelings around here.

On to the build log

As you can see some of the pics are still a bit old but still relevant. Hope to have some of the newer pics up tonight

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

As you guys can see I do not have a garage or a real place to work since I live in a apartment, so every thing takes five times as long. Measure/make template go upstairs cut...go downstairs test fit...go upstairs again...test fit; well you get the point. Other times Ill stop over at the rich folk with landed properties and do some work over a few beers.

More pics as promised.

Some goodies came in the other day.

IMG_0051.jpg

Every thing was taken out as I was looking to sell the car and buy something bigger, but I just loved her too much to get rid of her.

In the HU go's again

IMG_3116.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

Starting with the foundation of the Amp rack

IMG_0079.jpg

What kind of car is it? Sorry if I missed it.

Here is a quick vid of me testing the tonality after tuning the active setup. There was a fair bit of tuning to be done after I added the old temp sub in there. For most the deck is pretty good with the preset settings apart from the time delay which needed some alignment.

Testing was done by following Uncle Bob's trusted test track. If you guys like I can add a few more, not sure if classic Chinese tracks will entertain you but that is what I have; my hooligan music is no good for testing at all.

More pics will likely follow this coming weekend.

What kind of car is it? Sorry if I missed it.

Hey Steve,

Its a JDM Lancer GLX SPORT nothing too fancy but it gets us around.

Here is a old pic that I posted earlier today in the Fi section; hope you guys dont mind me reposting.

IMG_1909edited.jpg

Forgot to add the Alt is a reworked OEM unit in case any one wondered.

More pics of this weekend coming tonight bro :drink40:

:thanx: Nice Ride!!!

Waiting for more!!

Ohio alt sweet 169amps WEAK should of went with the mack daddy lol 275! Look good bro.

Edited by Dictator

Ohio alt sweet 169amps WEAK should of went with the mack daddy lol 275! Look good bro.

Yeah Thanks bro,

No-one actually makes a HO alt that works with this car and the awesome guys at ohio were the only guys willing to rework the OEM unit for me. Cost a fortune though it was really worth it. Shipping back and forth including the mod set me back around s$1000

To have some decent power here in Singapore one sort of have to go a bit crazy. I towed the car to a workshop as the alt is located in such a way that you need to put the car on a lift similar to that in the first pic in order to get to it. They took it out and I towed the car back to my place...went on holiday and when I came back two and a half weeks later the alt was already back in Singapore. Now that is great service.

Added two big batts and I have no voltage problems on the 3000D though it does drop to the 11's and the odd high 10 at extended demo's.

More pics of this weekend coming tonight bro :drink40:

:thanx: Nice Ride!!!

Waiting for more!!

Thanks man much appreciated, I will continue to post pics but they will come slower now that I have somewhat caught up with the progress.

How is the "Sleeping on the Couch" going?? Don't mind the couch myself, it's right in front of my 60" TV, and the wife does not steal the covers. :)

How is the "Sleeping on the Couch" going?? Don't mind the couch myself, it's right in front of my 60" TV, and the wife does not steal the covers. :)

Ahah I almost slept outside last nigh, but since im the man in the house I will never let that happen. Snug into bed at 2am...made some good progress I think you guys will like it.

Even my wife was pleasantly surprised.

Sleeping in front of the TV will be another story. If you guys like I can add some pics of us building the screen if I ever get around to doing that. But since the x-mas holidays are coming up; well you never know.

More pics coming this weekend.

Tuned in for more!! :popcorn:

Ordering subs today.

My car will like the weight of the N2 but now the SP4 or a SSA also looks like a good option.

Let me know what you guys think

Edited by Punkeyboozter

get the new SP4 and review it for us :)