Wasted2011

$800-$1000 Budget on Subs/ Amp

Alright my budget is around $800 and i was wanting to get Fi Subs. I really like the SSD's but i think that may be out of my budget. So i was wondering if the Fi.X's are any good? If not then i want to go with the SSD's And i was wondering what amp would be great at running these at 1ohm stable.

Alright my budget is around $800 and i was wanting to get Fi Subs. I really like the SSD's but i think that may be out of my budget. So i was wondering if the Fi.X's are any good? If not then i want to go with the SSD's And i was wondering what amp would be great at running these at 1ohm stable.

Run 2 ssd's with a AQ2200.

I personally would get the subs I want now and focus on an enclosure as well, then use the extra money to buy a cheap used amp to hold me over till I get the amp I want.

Sounds good. :drink40:

I personally would get the subs I want now and focus on an enclosure as well, then use the extra money to buy a cheap used amp to hold me over till I get the amp I want.

thats the best answer anyone could give lol I read it and was like YUP

Well since u recommended getting a cheaper used amp how many watts would be recommended for the SSD's? Like a class d mono amp running at least 2,000 watts at 1ohm? i know that will be hard to get for a good price but just asking.

Edited by Wasted

Great advice!

Well since u recommended getting a cheaper used amp how many watts would be recommended for the SSD's? Like a class d mono amp running at least 2,000 watts at 1ohm? i know that will be hard to get for a good price but just asking.

You won't find a cheap 2kw amp worth buying.

You won't find a cheap 2kw amp worth buying.

x2, I didnt mean you will get a 2kw cheap amp. I meant just get a 500 or 1000 watt amp at 1 ohm till you can afford to get a 2kw amp and the electrical to supply that power. But if you wanted a cheap amp that will put out some power Audiopipe has a 1800watt amp that can be had for $200 or less.

2x on the audiopipe 1800d. Not bad amps for the price..

If u can afford it the planet audio BB2400.1 is 2k at 1 ohm and it gets busy and cheap new around 300 shipped.

Sounds good. :drink40:

Yes

thats the best answer anyone could give lol I read it and was like YUP

Yup

Great advice!

Yes

Couldn't agree more!

Get the SSD's and look for a quality "used" amp!

Yeah i see the Audio Pipe 1800d for $190 new. Also are POWER ACOUSTIK amps any good? cuz i seen some on ebay for pretty cheap? Could anyone find me the best amp i can get for around $200 or less?

Update: i know its only 1600 watts rms but is this a good price for this amp? Also includes 0 gauge wiring kit and rca cable. http://www.ebay.com/itm/RE-Audio-XT4000DE-V3-4000-Watt-Peak-1600-Watt-RMS-Mono-Car-Amplifier-Amp-Kit-/300627979136?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item45fed2eb80#ht_6136wt_113

^^ i think this is a misleading ad though because even on there website it says mono class de, 1600w rms x 1 @ 1 ohms, but yet if u look at the pic it shows two channels?

Edited by Wasted

Yeah i see the Audio Pipe 1800d for $190 new. Also are POWER ACOUSTIK amps any good? cuz i seen some on ebay for pretty cheap? Could anyone find me the best amp i can get for around $200 or less?

Update: i know its only 1600 watts rms but is this a good price for this amp? http://www.ebay.com/itm/RE-Audio-XT4000DE-V3N-1600-Watt-RMS-4000-Watt-Mono-Car-Amplifier-Amp-XT4000-/350509688242?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item519c0165b2#ht_4588wt_1139

Find a good used amp.

What brands do u recommend? I mean i can easily go find a cheap used amp but i want it to be a good quality amp.

What brands do u recommend? I mean i can easily go find a cheap used amp but i want it to be a good quality amp.

sundown,audio que, crecsendo.

Sundown, Audioque, Kicker, JL, DD, Cactus, Stetsom, Soundigital, Crescendo, MMATS, DC, Incriminator Audio to name a few. There are plenty of others and these are in no particular order.

Sundown, Audioque, Kicker, JL, DD, Cactus, Stetsom, Soundigital, Crescendo, MMATS, DC, Incriminator Audio to name a few. There are plenty of others and these are in no particular order.

Good choices.

The AP18001D is a great choice on a budget. Solid amp that does rated and comes with a 1 year factory warranty (when bought from vminnovations.com) all for under $200 shipped and would be a perfect match for 2 D4 SSD's at 1 ohm with 900 rms a piece. I have used the 1500 and 1800 and swear by them. Great budget amps. The only reason I don't have one now is cause I got a my AB 100.1 for cheaper than I woulda paid for either of them. Good luck with whatever you choose, but I can assure you the AP18001D won't dissapoint.

By the way, that RE Audio XT is not doin no 1600 rms with only 90 amps of fusing, just sayin.

FYI plenty of 1channel (mono) amps have more than one set of speaker connections. They're both identical and not separate channels.