Shogen

Sooo.. I got a gift and it's almost here

Yea, I'm thinking now that maybe the mechanic realized if he fcked up he'd have to take responsibility for it??? Maybe... I'm kinda hoping that was it, but obviously that still sucks... So we'll see what happens...

oh and the lady wasn't too happy to find out either... I'm hoping to get this sorted out in the next 2 days, little by little...

First step, tomorrow after work I'm going to PepBoys and asking to see the alternator they sell for my vehicle and comparing them side by side... If it looks to be similar I might tackle the install at home on Friday morning... Might have to give MechMan a call though to be safe...

99% that you got a v-6 unit there! It must have been mis-boxed as a 2.4l unit.

Send it back and I will get you the 2.4l unit ASAP.

Sorry!

-Eric

oh and the lady wasn't too happy to find out either... I'm hoping to get this sorted out in the next 2 days, little by little...

First step, tomorrow after work I'm going to PepBoys and asking to see the alternator they sell for my vehicle and comparing them side by side... If it looks to be similar I might tackle the install at home on Friday morning... Might have to give MechMan a call though to be safe...

When you have them side by side take pictures at all angles, then we can see if there's something going on that I can't see. From the pictures posted it appears that you have the right unit for your car, an OEM Denso case for the 2.4 Toyota Camry.

Specifics as to what interferes or does not fit properly will help us resolve this quickly.

Call one of us if you need assistance.

-Eric

Yea, I'm gonna go to Pepboys tomorrow with my SLR and try to take some photos side by side... If not I will remove my factory alternator and do the same... I will measure as well to see if length of mounting points are the same..

The mechanic stated he couldn't get one of the mounting holes to line up and the wire did not reach??? I trust him to a degree.. He's fixed my car and sister's from random/unknown issues other places were trying to rob us for .... So in that respect he has been great but maybe wrong guy for aftermarket install.. As I was leaving he told me to just get a standard/factory alternator and get rid of my stereo... lmao... I think he is just old school and lame with beyond maintenance type stuff.... who knows... I'll find out more when I research tomorrow and Friday...

ran into a few complications in case anyone has read this at all... Took it to the mechanic to install and he stated it could not be mounted as in it might have needed a bracket.. I tried to eyeball the alternator from MechMan on top of my engine but it looked fine so I need to go deeper... I have already contacted Matt @ MechMan... Let's see how this goes... :bull:

99% sure your unit is mis-boxed!

Looking further that looks like a v-6 unit.

Send it back to us and I will send out the 2.4l unit ASAP.

Sorry :peepwall:

UPDATE guys... <<< from S.ummm.D

:popcorn:

Emailed Matt @ MechMan... We'll see what he says, biggest problem here is not the time it's gonna take now or the let down of not already having it installed... It's the fact that I've incurred an installation charge and will have to do so again when the correct alternator comes in.... :ehh:

Sucks about the install fees. I had a little run in like this with the guy i tried to install my alt. Just did it myself. Took a bit longer than they would have probably, but it's in!

True, but he's a good guy and obviously I'd rather someone who does this work on a daily basis to mess with that... The alternator is connected to waaaay too much for me to risk it, plus he will install the gates belt at the same time when I get the correct alternator.

I'm still waiting for MechMan to respond about the shipping and stuff.. I don't think I should be paying for shipping the wrong product back.

As stated in the SMD thread, ship it back to us and include a copy of the shipping receipt for reimbursement. We will cover standard ground return shipping for you.

Thanks, you just posted that and I'm at work, so I didn't see it... Hope I can get it out today then...

Anything you guys can do to help me out with install fee? I mean, it would be a great thing since I would need to now have paid twice.... ? :suicide-santa:

Sooooo, I went to pepboys and confirmed the wrong part. On my way to UPS to ship this bad boy off for the exchange.

We will get the 2.4l unit out to you as soon as that v-6 unit is here. Shouldn't take long, you are close.

Yeap. Much appreciated Eric. Also I sent an email of a photo of the receipt to Matt. Didn't have a chance to stuff it in the box since I taped it up prior.

guess what?? alternator came in today... I think I might tackle it on Thursday..

Just be sure to disconnect your battery and take it slow don't force anything. try the original bolts into threading by hand, don't force anything. get blue loctite and use it on all your nuts and bolts. Once alt is in then make the connections last. oh yeah bring on DA PICS YO!!!!! :rofl2:

Sorry to hear about all of your alternator headaches. Commonplace.

Hopefully the new one fits and works great!

If Mechman made one for my car I would have it installed already!

I'm just glad it isn't a forever tthing

you'll be good :popcorn:

guess what?? alternator came in today... I think I might tackle it on Thursday..

This one is actually for a 2.4 this time :peepwall: Sorry about the delay and hassle, thanks for being patient and polite about this.

This one is actually for a 2.4 this time :peepwall: Sorry about the delay and hassle, thanks for being patient and polite about this.

mhmmmmm

DSC00943.jpg

DSC00952_sepia.jpg

DSC00955_b%252526w_focal.jpg