3750 W x 4 @ 0.5 Ohm RMS

2000 W x 2 @ 4 Ohms bridged RMS

4000 W x 2 @ 2 Ohms bridged RMS

7500 W x 2 @ 1 Ohm bridged RMS

180 Lbs.

T15kW_1_l.jpg

the downside

MSRP $19,999.99

There's a huge thread on CarSound about it. Too much technical BS for me though. It should prove interesting once trickled down to real world amplification.

I'll take 2,

{day dream} I wonder how many alts I am going to need to power them for db drag....... {/end}

350 amp max current draw, so in theory, one battery for a short burst.

15kw/12.8v=1171.9a

15kw/17v=882.4a

Daaaaaaamn...

Does anyone have any pics of the power side? All I see is capacitance.

yeah that is the first amp with the new technology that they ghave. think of it this way, an amp that draws 30amps will now draw only 6 because of the tech they put into it :)

yeah that is the first amp with the new technology that they ghave.  think of it this way, an amp that draws 30amps will now draw only 6 because of the tech they put into it :)

But it will only be able to output it's "rated RMS" power for a maximum of 16 seconds ;) (assuming the ratio of capacitance stays the same).

And it will draw that current continuously, instead of only as needed.

Sure, this amp only draws a maximum of 350A...but it does it continuously, like a class A. Not many electrical systems can sustain a continuous draw of 350A.

Really, IMO this amp is not nearly what they make it out to be. And it CAN NOT support a 15kw output for any length of time....as werewolf pointed out in that thread, a maximum of 16 seconds (calculated with the information given).

It's more like a 4kw amp with a burst power of 15kw, rather than a true 15kw RMS amplifier.

Really, IMO this amp is not nearly what they make it out to be. And it CAN NOT support a 15kw output for any length of time....as werewolf pointed out in that thread, a maximum of 16 seconds (calculated with the information given).

It's more like a 4kw amp with a burst power of 15kw, rather than a true 15kw RMS amplifier.

Is this true??

Is this true??

Yup. More of a wow factor amp.

The Kicker Warhorse is far more impressive IMO. Especially looking at the internals

I'm a Kicker fan anyway....sweet, i had no idea. Now if Kicker would just implement XBL^2. Then they coukld donate 2 warhourses and 2 SOLOXBL^2 18's to me, 6 cubes@20Hz each! :Cavalry:

this is a bit over done...lotta hype, little filling, but here's my first look at it:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...ideoID=21554680

blah, xbl^2 is overrated, lol....kicker's solos are jsut fine. maybe keep making the cones stronger.

and the warhorse..i'll have to text someone later and see how the testing went. he had it for awhile, compare it to his cactus sounds...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

off topic: I love Xmax and inductance...I can't see how XBL is over rated??

You know someone with one in their hands already? How long that amp been out? Steve has the only private owned T15k to his knowledge, and thats been quite a while....

er Chicken....

Edited by kryptonitewhite

off topic: I love Xmax and inductance...I can't see how XBL is over rated??

You know someone with one in their hands already? How long that amp been out? Steve has the only private owned T15k to his knowledge, and thats been quite a while....

er Chicken....

overrated as in my opinion. and i'm not knocking it, trust me.

yeah, i know someone who has gotten to test the kicker warhorse, not the rf. he wouldn't run rf, lol....

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Kicker uses the long coil approach, right? I love my squares BTW, and I've owned 2 Avalanches, so i'm not overly biased. But really, the L7 has 16mm Xmax, and I don't wanna know what the inductance was (I love to change my crossover to 200Hz once in a while just to show morons that larger subs arent slower and sloppier than smaller) VS a short ass coil with 27mm.

I know you only meant the Kicker, just seems weird Ive never even heard of them and theyre out already! then again $10,000 vs $20,000....I understand why :P

I was wondering if anyone would comment on that

I like the idea of low inductance, so long as all the material I've read rang somewhat true. I've heard many comments about

1: XBL^2 drivers play clean up to 1kHz cause of low inductance

and

2: A SUB woofer is made to play BELOW 50Hz...a SUB woofer isn't meant to play "high"

But, I'll repeat...I have 4 Adire Audio Extremis 6.4's running off of a Kicker KX850.4 being fed by 7 Optima Red Top batteries, crossed over with a bandpass slope of 24dB/oct from 50Hz to either 450Hz or 700Hz. So mid bass and kick drum is not a problem for me. Oh, sealed BTW.

But I like to sometimes run my SUBs 50Hz down, and sometimes, i like to give them all the way up to 200Hz.

So inductance, the largest determining factor in pounding crisp highs, I love LOW inductance drivers?

:D

idk

Subwoofers are not midbass drivers.

If you were talking about a mid or full range driver... then sure.

But looking at your setup, you just like to stuff speakers where ever you can.

thank you.

I guess I sit corrected.

I needed that!

:stupid:

I guess youre right, if i look at an "OK" tweet like the Vifa XT25TG30, it has a freq responce of 1.5kHz-40kHz, a total of 38,500Hz range. As you go lower to mid range, mid bassm then sub bass, the range gets exponentially smaller. An "OK" mid range driver such as the Adire Audio FR125S, it is listed as 65Hz-20kHz, a range of 19935Hz. Then, the Adire Audio Extremis ( going concervative with the 3.5kHz on up issues) otherwise they say ( The inductive roll-off of this driver is up beyond 8 kHz! ) Well, I can't seem to find a bottom end. We'll say 100Hz-3.5k. A difference of 3400Hz. So now, a sub woofer. 50Hz down to 20Hz? A frequency responce range of 30Hz?

YUP! makes sense!

And yes, i'm thinking of putting 4 10's behind my seat just cuz I got room on top of the batteries, I wanna put some 8's in my doors cuz you got 8's and you look like you are real smart, and some kicks, and chit...i missed most of my dashboard, means the whole thing is wood...I can stick a bunch there! Maybe some in my seats, like a gamer's chair, and some in the center cosole....chit, anywhere I can!

false roof too! ah, 6X9's galore!

Edited by kryptonitewhite