coobies5

2 12" xcons box

Would anyone like to help me design a box? please and thank you!

here's all the info i can share so far, until i can get some measurements.

16" depth x 24" tall x 48" wide

2 12" d1 xcon's

sundown 3000d

ported anywhere from 28-33hz

this will be my first dual sub setup and i have no idea where to start. i'd like to keep the box 5cu ft or smaller (if possible)

thanks in advanced and hopefully tomorrow or the next few days, i can get some solid measurements to work with.

Did you check out ssa's blue print's of xcon box's?

yeah, i already looked at those and searched for every box built on here for a xcon (was only 3 pages)

what else do you need thats not in that design?

what else do you need thats not in that design?

i was thinking of port in the middle, and not so deep.....but like i said, i don't know how the port position in a dual sub setup will be affected in different places on the box.

Port to the side is the beat for loading usually.

What do you drive?

extended cab f150 with no backseat. i used to have a 18" btl in 7 cubes back there, but i wanted some of my backseat space back, hence why i went with 12's.

16" depth x 24" tall x 48" wide

those are my maximum dimensions i want to use

you snagged those from dallas?

you snagged those from dallas?

one from dallas, one from maryland the other week

Dang man, if you were in a bigger car or SUV I'd give you my box for free, but it doesn't fit those dimensions I don't think. It is just sitting in my garage getting in my way now. It worked perfect with the Xcon's tuned to 32 hz.

But whatever you build, you definitely need a double 3/4" baffle or at least 1" thick MDF on the sub mounted side. As you know from having one already, they are heavy as hell.

Dang man, if you were in a bigger car or SUV I'd give you my box for free, but it doesn't fit those dimensions I don't think. It is just sitting in my garage getting in my way now. It worked perfect with the Xcon's tuned to 32 hz.

But whatever you build, you definitely need a double 3/4" baffle or at least 1" thick MDF on the sub mounted side. As you know from having one already, they are heavy as hell.

lol, thanks anyways, make a coffee table out of it!

yeah, i was planning on double baffle if i went with 2. i found out from the heavy ass btl (70lbs) that a single baffle wasn't enough, and bracing is a must.

Are you just going to be setting the enclosure on the seat or are you designing a seat around the enclosure? I'm trying to picture how you are going to do this. Hell, I'm still trying to figure out how to fit a pair of 15s in my 99 and keep the seat.

Are you just going to be setting the enclosure on the seat or are you designing a seat around the enclosure? I'm trying to picture how you are going to do this. Hell, I'm still trying to figure out how to fit a pair of 15s in my 99 and keep the seat.

the seat is completely removed, just the back part is on the wall. i've had a 7cu ft box back there with my 18" for the longest time.

I'm confused; I thought you said you wanted some back seat space back? Did you just mean some more room in the back?

I'm confused; I thought you said you wanted some back seat space back? Did you just mean some more room in the back?

yeah, i want more space in the back portion of the truck back, like being able to recline. i use my truck for hauling stuff for work, and sometimes i have to use the inside of my truck to haul boxes if the weather is crap, so it would be nice to have more "space" available back there.

103_0487.jpg

309831_2327449435271_1520730037_32588032_5180922_n.jpg

Now that is cramped. I can't help you on the design as I can not draw or anything like that. I do everything by hand anyways, but I would place the drivers and vent(S) on the same plane facing backwards, loading off of the back wall. I'm assuming you're keeping the back of the seat removed as well. This should allow you to keep the bulk of the enclosure low providing enough space to recline.

Now that is cramped. I can't help you on the design as I can not draw or anything like that. I do everything by hand anyways, but I would place the drivers and vent(S) on the same plane facing backwards, loading off of the back wall. I'm assuming you're keeping the back of the seat removed as well. This should allow you to keep the bulk of the enclosure low providing enough space to recline.

i still have the seat backing still on it, as it reduces a bit of road noise while driving, and the few designs some members have sent me, are sub and port up.

I have had great luck fireing the subs forward and the port side firing, loading off the rear sides. Had excellent response and spl.