Sign in to follow this  
ricksi30

Another Icon 15" box

Pete asked me to fix the port wall that was loose. Now I have built plenty of enclosures and use Titebond Level III also. I know that you can not simply pull the seam apart, no matter how hard you try. Hell the wood will fail before the cured glue does. This was just loose, like no glue was used on joining these two pieces of wood together. I was able to fix this easily by injecting glue into the joint.

The carpet job does not look good. It is not just that one seam, it is many of them. You can see where to much glue was used and bled through the carpet, which also hardens the carpet in these spots. This creates a high/low color look. There are also glue fingerprints in a couple of places.

The kerf job is nice. The inside of the kerf was fiberglassed for strength. The port and kerf were painted flawlessly.

These are just my thoughts. They are not meant to bash Alerion Enclosures. I wish Rick and Garrett the best in their business ventures.

Pete asked me to fix the port wall that was loose. Now I have built plenty of enclosures and use Titebond Level III also. I know that you can not simply pull the seam apart, no matter how hard you try. Hell the wood will fail before the cured glue does. This was just loose, like no glue was used on joining these two pieces of wood together. I was able to fix this easily by injecting glue into the joint.

The carpet job does not look good. It is not just that one seam, it is many of them. You can see where to much glue was used and bled through the carpet, which also hardens the carpet in these spots. This creates a high/low color look. There are also glue fingerprints in a couple of places.

The kerf job is nice. The inside of the kerf was fiberglassed for strength. The port and kerf were painted flawlessly.

These are just my thoughts. They are not meant to bash Alerion Enclosures. I wish Rick and Garrett the best in their business ventures.

I must say that if that's the case it was an extremely rare oversight on our part. I appreciate the fact that you could help out Sean and am sorry that you had to.

I must say that if that's the case it was an extremely rare oversight on our part. I appreciate the fact that you could help out Sean and am sorry that you had to.

doesnt fix the problem

Send it back if u wish ill use it :)

That doesnt solve the quality issues for the money. :ughdunno:

Full refund?

You can see where the glue was sprayed. You can see mdf at where the carpet seams are. I had to reglue one of the port walls down. Other than that it is a great box!

Picture112.jpg

Picture111-1.jpg

Picture110-1.jpg

Picture109-1.jpg

Picture108-1.jpg

Picture113-1.jpg

I wonder as anyone else have experienced any similar issues?