Sign in to follow this  
ricksi30

Another Icon 15" box

The enclosure will ship first thing Monday morning :)

Great :thanx:

I love it.

Very nice enclosure '

Thanks! :)

Looks solid. :)

I love it.

Very nice enclosure '

sean017.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

:fing34: Now throw the ICON in there.

I love it.

Very nice enclosure '

sean017.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

:fing34: Now throw the ICON in there.

Friday :woot: and pics

Solid but cheap. I wouldnt take it to a car show.

What's that suppose to mean?

What's that suppose to mean?

Ill post pics of the carpet seams etc.

I want to see more pics!

Update?

You can see where the glue was sprayed. You can see mdf at where the carpet seams are. I had to reglue one of the port walls down. Other than that it is a great box!

Picture112.jpg

Picture111-1.jpg

Picture110-1.jpg

Picture109-1.jpg

Picture108-1.jpg

Picture113-1.jpg

He dont get my recommendation, :ughdunno:

I mean besides that seam stuff going on you're happy with it... right?

I had to add glue to loose mdf. Well designd box but audible customs built some boxes for me that are awesume wiith his carpeting. also packaged better.For the price i am not happy!

I had to add glue to loose mdf. Well designd box but audible customs built some boxes for me that are awesume wiith his carpeting. also packaged better.

Okay here is where I'll have to step in. As far as the carpet goes okay maybe some came loose, it's not normal but can't say it's impossible. I can say with 100% certainty that there is no way that the MDF was "loose" unless it was seriously damaged in shipping. We use titebond III and about 40 screws per enclosure, we use 3M fiberglass for all of the interior corners and seal with silicone.

I had to add glue to loose mdf. Well designd box but audible customs built some boxes for me that are awesume wiith his carpeting. also packaged better.

Okay here is where I'll have to step in. As far as the carpet goes okay maybe some came loose, it's not normal but can't say it's impossible. I can say with 100% certainty that there is no way that the MDF was "loose" unless it was seriously damaged in shipping. We use titebond III and about 40 screws per enclosure, we use 3M fiberglass for all of the interior corners and seal with silicone.

I would have to disagree if it was glued well it would have had to break to be loose. Not the case not enough glue.

I would have to disagree if it was glued well it would have had to break to be loose. Not the case not enough glue.

Well out of the 100's of enclosures we've built including 20 or so I've used personally and 15+ sold here on SSA I've never heard of anything like that. Do you have any pictures?

Well out of the 100's of enclosures we've built including 20 or so I've used personally and 15+ sold here on SSA I've never heard of anything like that. Do you have any pictures?

I have pics but you cant see the loose joint because of the carpet.

Sorry about THE seam. It sometimes is difficult for the adhesive to dry in this colder and working with other sides may have agitated that seam leading to it to separate. I can honestly say that if that had been discovered prior to packaging it wouldn't have been shipped out like that. I have never had any carpeting complaint before this. As for the structural failure of the enclosure im at a loss for words. We thoroughly glue and fasten EACH and EVERY panel on every enclosure with 2" screws. Again were sorry for your unpleasant experience.