Sign in to follow this  
liljestrand

anyone with experiance with crescendo bc5500 amps?

Looking to possibly upgrade to 2 15" zcons and was looking at the bc5500.

Just wondering what kind of electrical people were running to these. And how the felt about that amp.

I have a 320 amp DC alt with 2 yellow tops in the back. I think I should be fine but can add more yellow tops if needed.

im more then sure you would need more then 2 yellows.. if you have slandered size yellows they are 45 amp hours each i think its a good rule of thumb to have atleast 200 amp hours + worth of battery to run 5k

Mac n cheese has one on. Pm him

Mac has at least one 3100 in back (i think 2 now, not 100%) and gain turned low because his electrical underhood isn't superb yet. I'd agree with Big Jon, at least 4 yellows in back.

Mac has at least one 3100 in back (i think 2 now, not 100%) and gain turned low because his electrical underhood isn't superb yet. I'd agree with Big Jon, at least 4 yellows in back.

Yeah I was just looking at the d3100's. I may just pick up two of those and sell the yellow tops.

yea BOI!!!

Also I should add that the gains will be set for 4500ish Watts for daily use and that little extra headroom for demos and such. If that makes a difference

Regardless... D3100s baby!!! What is under the hood?

Right now a blue top. Optimas were the only thing close enough because I live in bfe. Bit will probably replace with whichever x's in the front.

Do you know what model blue top? I can try and find the XS equivalent in size...

No idea off the top of my head but its pretty damn small. There's a lot more room there than that battery takes up

No idea off the top of my head but its pretty damn small. There's a lot more room there than that battery takes up

I'd go with a D3400 under the hood then... And 2 D3100s to start... Expensive.. But what are taxes for???

if your not stuck on XS, try RAM designs. He has a bunch of batteries. i have used him multiple times. good dude and very fair prices.

if your not stuck on XS, try RAM designs. He has a bunch of batteries. i have used him multiple times. good dude and very fair prices.

true that.. I forgot about his battery ventures.... Def hit him up in a PM... I think he has those big ass datasafe batteries.... fckin insane!

true that.. I forgot about his battery ventures.... Def hit him up in a PM... I think he has those big ass datasafe batteries.... fckin insane!

some of what i got from him was those 540mrs. 5 batteries @ 148ah each. bad mafukas.

i dont think he ships those but i think he still had some batcap 2000 copies.

Yeah I looked at that batcap thread. Those are 40ah correct? So I'd need 3 to equal thed3100?

Or am I off here.

Nah he has bigger ones... Just PM him, his crazy ass has like 30 fckin battery threads!!! lol

Ok then with the 320amp alt how much ah should I be looking for?

Instead of selling your current batteries and buying a bunch more shit, get the amp, install it, start adjusting the gain, and see how much voltage drop your experiencing, then go from there.

True^^^

Ok then with the 320amp alt how much ah should I be looking for?

Instead of selling your current batteries and buying a bunch more shit, get the amp, install it, start adjusting the gain, and see how much voltage drop your experiencing, then go from there.

Because that would be too easy and I'm trying to make this as hard as possible. Jk. I may just do that.

am I the only one on here with this amp?

I couldnt be more happier with my Crescendo 5500. All I have for electrical SO FAR is a stock alt (getting a new 320 DC XP) soon and a D3100. As of right now I get bad voltage drop. Plan on finishing the big three and another 3100 if I need it in the future. From the overall finish of the amp all the way to the remote I am absolutely satisfied. (The crescendo remote controller is actually a good size compared to the itty bitty small Sundown one). After having issues with Sundown amps I am glad I made the switch over to Crescendo even for my four channel.

:woot:

so difference in the batteries but otherwise pretty much the same setup. I think i will just take stefan's advice and see where I'm and and then improve from there.