I had the Addictive Audio 10.4 (115x4 @ 4 ohms) screwed into the box playing the 2 Selenium 6W4Ps active fine for a while. I started getting a static sound from the speakers, when I noticed that nearly all (7 out of 8) screws that hold the casing of the amplifier to the internals had stripped out and was barely hanging on for dear life. I took the amp off the box and took it inside to have a look, and didn't see anything out of the ordinary. That being said, I have no idea what I'm looking at, but there were no loose wires, no solder points that had failed, etc. I gave it another try and set it on the floor of the truck beside the AQ2200D, wired it all up, played fine for a while, then did the same thing. I noticed that if I bumped the amp a certain way, smacked the RCAs, touched it to the 2200, etc, it would resume playing normally, only to fade away to static within 30 seconds, which I thought was weird.

Anyone have an idea? Maybe a ground wire or something? :ughdunno:

maybe try another set of rcas...

Ground loop

Ground loop

So you think an isolator would solve the problem? Could you suggest a brand? Don't want to pick up a shitty eBay one.

Ground loop

So you think an isolator would solve the problem? Could you suggest a brand? Don't want to pick up a shitty eBay one.

??

Ground loop

??

Don't by a scosche, there useless.

And an isolator won't solve the problem, but will be a possible bandaid

Ground loop

??

Don't by a scosche, there useless.

And an isolator won't solve the problem, but will be a possible bandaid

Well do you have a suggestion that could fix my problem?

Well assuming its a ground isolation problem, Id try running an additional small awg wire to the Neg post on your starting battery to see if that helps the noise any.