djscrubb

14k2e @ 0.7 ohm

I'm looking at getting a 14k2e and was wondering if these can b ran @ 0.7 ohms daily on the right electrical. Or is it just safer to run at 1 ohm daily. I'm just looking for as much power as possible and seen under 9k clamped at almost 2 ohms rise. Thanks for any input

.7 ohms DCR? You'll never see impedance that low.

Yes. A dual 1.4 ohm sub in parallel

What sub? 1.4 is what a dvc 2ohm sub will read.

miller .7 isn't at 1ohm load its .3 less :roflmao:

Edited by jj1479

Haha.. you got me there. Math is sometimes above me.

To the OP you are not looking at the correct information and it really is a 1 ohm load. There have been many topics started about this exact same issue. Search the forum and you will find the answer numerous times. You will be fine putting that load on a 1 ohm stable amp as that really is a 1 ohm load.

then why does dc list their available coils as .7,1,1.3,2 etc?

Because that's DCR.

I understand but stetsom recommends 1 ohm dcr right then can I run at .7 dcr? Or am I completely off. Much like running an amp at half ohm when they say minimum 1 ohm. I heard that its not recommended to run under 1 ohm so can I run at ,7

you can run it at .7 ya just make sure your electric is up to par and MONITOR it at all times! Stetsom doesnt mind .5 ohm they just HATE low VOLTAGE! anything below 12.8 stop playing because they like to go POOF!

you can run it at .7 ya just make sure your electric is up to par and MONITOR it at all times! Stetsom doesnt mind .5 ohm they just HATE low VOLTAGE! anything below 12.8 stop playing because they like to go POOF!

how about @ 1ohm below 12.8?

dont do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

check my gallery...fire and brimstone

not even 2 ohm below 12.8 they do not like low voltage AT ALL! I had my 5 k that is only 2 ohm stable wired to my subs at 2 ohms and did not monitor my voltage properly and poof burnt the board! It was my fault I thought I had enough bank battery but I did not monitor voltage. Then I got the 14k and monitored my voltage and upgraded to JUICEBOX batteries and I was able to do .5 so I would vote do it! over on another FORUM the one we dare not speak of JEFFERSON talked about how he runs his at .5 and just monitors his voltage with no issues for daily and he lives in florida. where its HOT!

7k2d

250alt

6Batts

it was cutting out at high volume, then was at this car meet and zzz pop snap, somethins burning and the inside of the amp was on fire.

warranty covered it though, thank God

dont do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

check my gallery...fire and brimstone

oh my, so how does one prevent that from happening? Besides not getting one. Dont they have a low voltage protect?

wow they dont like above 15 volts and not below 12 volts man they sure seem like a pain in the a$$

dont get me wrong its a beast of an amp..

just a bit picky imo lol :lol2:

So then 8 group 31 exide and 3 270 amp alternators be enuff with not being an idiot and play for long periods

I'm looking at getting a 14k2e and was wondering if these can b ran @ 0.7 ohms daily on the right electrical. Or is it just safer to run at 1 ohm daily. I'm just looking for as much power as possible and seen under 9k clamped at almost 2 ohms rise. Thanks for any input

You should have no problem doing that,

If you wired down to 0.7 nominal impedance the impedance rise will go around 2 to 2.8 ohms on the reactive load

thats should be as long you have enough power to give to the amplifier

Depends of your electrical system you should be able to get 10000 to 7500 outta the amplifier

Please let me know if you have any more questions

and im sorry for the delay, I was in a long vacation =) but now im back