So this may be a noob question but i need to learn

car 08 grand prix gxp with mechman 270 2 xcon 12's in 4th order bandpass

I can purchase two amps vibe blackbox bass 5 that put out (each amp) 1500rms @2ohms I can get both $750 total

Or I can purchase one amp sundown 3500d that puts out 1750 rms @2ohms for $800

Would I benefit from getting the two amps and having one to each woofer or would the single amp be my best thing to do?

So this may be a noob question but i need to learn

car 08 grand prix gxp with mechman 270 2 xcon 12's in 4th order bandpass

I can purchase two amps vibe blackbox bass 5 that put out (each amp) 1500rms @2ohms I can get both $750 total

Or I can purchase one amp sundown 3500d that puts out 1750 rms @2ohms for $800

Would I benefit from getting the two amps and having one to each woofer or would the single amp be my best thing to do?

Get the sundown, less wiring and a better amp according to my opinion. :drink40:

I agree, get the one amp. Easier to wire, better amp IMO and won't have to do any gain matching.

The only way to see if you benefit will be to be all three and test, put them on the tl meter an see what is louder or watch your volt meter to see which setup makes you drop the least amount of volts. Like stated above the one amp will be less of a headache.

for ease of tuning, i say one amp. if you were to run two amps, you would need to make sure that each was putting out the same power because if not, one would be getting say 1500 watts and the other could be getting 1200. in the same chamber, this causes problems for the subs with cancellation and what not. So, go with the sundown. I'm not a huge fan of the company but its the better option.

I agree, get the one amp. Easier to wire, better amp IMO and won't have to do any gain matching.

Better to go with single amp setup.... Even though you DO NOT have to gain match when you strap the Sundown amps (Just an FYI)

Better to go with single amp setup.... Even though you DO NOT have to gain match when you strap the Sundown amps (Just an FYI)

if he were buying two sundown amps, you would be correct. he was buying two vibe audio amps or 1 sundown.

apparently the vibes are strappable. had no clue, never looked at them personally so. yes, it wouldn't be hard to tune by any means

Edited by Mtopper