brownm3

Brownm3 Build Log

Here is my build log. I have a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee with two SSA ZCON 12’s. :woot:

I have the subs, amps and batteries in and just working on getting the electrical and speakers installed. Running low on funds but here is what I have so far.

Here are some unboxing photos of the SSA ZCONs. Great customer service and products from SSA :drink40: :

SSAZCONUnboxingVid00014-25.jpg

SSAZCONUnboxingVid00151-52.jpg

SSAZCONUnboxingVid00159-30.jpg

SSAZCONUnboxingVid00248-38.jpg

SSAZCONUnboxingVid00342-52.jpg

Decided to go with the DC Audio 5k amp to power the SSA ZCONs. Here are some unboxing photos of the 5K.

DCAudio5KUnboxing1.jpg

DCAudio5KUnboxing2.jpg

DCAudio5KUnboxing3.jpg

A few shots of the current setup.

Installed the Pioneer HU:

JeepPioneer.jpg

DC Audio 5k is wired up:

DCAudio5k.jpg

I have the SSA ZCONS sitting in a ported box facing up. Box designed by RAM Designs. The amp is mounted on top of the battery box which contains two XS Power D3400s and a D6500 in the front.

SSADCAudioXSPower.jpg

RAMBox.png

Decided to leave plain right now thinking about covering it with decal stickers

What amps? What bats? You building the enclosure?? Should be an awesome build!!! More More More!!! :popcorn:

What amps? What bats? You building the enclosure?? Should be an awesome build!!! More More More!!! :popcorn:

Guess I shouldn't have posted so quickly. Very Nice!!!

Very nice! Look forward to seeing more progress pics.

Quick walk around video:

Little Demo. Still need to step my electrical game up but getting there.

Your a little late sefugi :peepwall:

I am getting older!!

Guess I shouldn't have posted so quickly. Very Nice!!!

All good haha. I have been sitting of this for a while but the sub stage is all set. A few more updates pics to post.

Got my Mechman 270a alt the other day, just need the funds to get that installed, so not really going full tilt with the bass. typically only play it about half volume. But those ZCONs get down! Thanks to SSA for making a great product at a great price!

Are you going to paint the boxes or just leave them as is? Awsume build :fing34:

Are you going to paint the boxes or just leave them as is? Awsume build :fing34:

Thanks. I wanted to just cover them in decals but don’t know yet. I may just end up painting it.

Install looks great man. Wish I wasn't concerned with trunk space in my little old sedan. Then I'd be pimping it out more.

Thanks. I wanted to just cover them in decals but don’t know yet. I may just end up painting it.

Looks great whatever you do. :eek5wavey:

Install looks great man. Wish I wasn't concerned with trunk space in my little old sedan. Then I'd be pimping it out more.

Yea I have been there. But alot has changed for me and the good thing is that trunk space isnt a requirement.

Looking good!

You still play football or is that just a memento?

Thanks.

I dont play ball its just a memento. That was after college from my days trying out with a few semi pro teams. I had back problems for years and finally decided to hang it up after back surgery in 2010.

Nice setup! Can't wait to see how you finish it off. The demo vid had me cracking up! Your buddy's face said it all. :trippy: