MikeMartel

18" BTL N2 Box Design

Alright, i made a rough sketch in google sketchup, not sized at all just random measurements but this is how i want it look, and the specifications i was thinking about using.

The port is partly external because i will be firing it through the rear deck of my car. Tell me what you guys think! (Still working on perfecting google sketchup)

Net volume ~ 8 cuft

Port Area = 144in2

Port Dimensions = 9 x 16 x 37 (length)

Tuning = 32hz

Sub will be facing up aswell as the port.

NewBoxDesign.png

Edited by MikeMartel

Gorgeous.

That's a big port! :P

That's a big box!!

Your trunk is gonna be stuffed! Should be nice though!!

8 cubes net for a single 18? Way too big

Shhh baby cakes, go to sleep.

Fi recommends 4.5-8 cubic feet, do you know more about Fi subwoofers than Fi does? Are they doing something wrong? Damn you need to be on the payroll.

That's what she said

Coming from the man with 16 posts. K thx sir.

Shhh baby cakes, go to sleep.

Fi recommends 4.5-8 cubic feet, do you know more about Fi subwoofers than Fi does? Are they doing something wrong? Damn you need to be on the payroll.

That's what she said

Welcome to SSA!!!! Learning and laughing all the time!!!

Do as you wish. Everything anbody post is just an opinion they may have. Having experience, but only 17 post i guess i wont get anywhere with anybody. You could have a complete dumb ass on the forum with alot more post than i have that would pry be heard more than me just because of post count.

Do as you wish. Everything anbody post is just an opinion they may have. Having experience, but only 17 post i guess i wont get anywhere with anybody. You could have a complete dumb ass on the forum with alot more post than i have that would pry be heard more than me just because of post count.

Chill.

OP - Looks good! You'll have to show us what it looks like when you get it all done!

Edited by Freshh

..amount of power applied should correlate with box size..bigger doesn't always mean better or louder..

Chill.

OP - Looks good! You'll have to show us what it looks like when you get it all done!

He has a build log started!!

Well, im powering it with about 1400 watts or so, thats why i decided to go with a bit of a bigger box.

Post count does not mean squat.

Chill out guys, next time ask why ChiLL says 8 cubes is too big :)

True, went about this all wrong. Why do you think 8 cubes it too big sir?

:):)

Efficiency increases and the need for more power decreases when using a large enclosure. Doesn't the frequency response flatten out as well?

Flatter response is typically better for musicality correct?

it means output is more even across a frequency range, as opposed to being "peaky". So yes, its more musical.

Im happy which the design so far. Ill need to take a break though and wont be able to build it until after winter.

Chill.

Ohhh, thanks Sefugi! :)

Chill.

Ohhh, thanks Sefugi! :)

Just trying to help!!

Thanks for directing him Sefugi!

:peepwall: