Aaron Clinton

I know I have a car audio addiction when......

I can't help but looking at people's cars and thinking...good SPL wall potential, that's a nice rear deck for IB...lots of room for doorpods...etc, etc.

....you would rather listen to a CD in your car than in your house

...whenever you hear bass you always look up to see what it is and wonder what they are running then think, turn it down you retard. ( happens to me on a daily basis)

I know I have a car audio addiction when......

.....I waste a half tank of $2.50/ga gas driving random country roads in the middle of the night with absolutely no destination other than to be as far away from people as I possibly can, so I can relax and be at one with the music

.....my stereo, and the music it's playing, is my 2nd best friend

.....I spend more time with my stereo more than my fiancee

.....I base my vehicle purchasing decisions off of which will work best with my stereo plans, or potential future setups

.....I can't look at the interior/trunk of a vehicle without visualizing how I would setup a stereo in it

.....the local shops know not to try to "sell me" on any products, because chances are I already know more about the product than they do

.....I turn to look at the "street beater" driving down the road not because I am impressed by their bass, but so I can point and laugh at them as they drive by because of how bad their trunk is rattling (most of the time I can hear the rattle before I can hear the bass)

Ive got a few

.....You walk through parking lots wondering what kind of system people have

.....You go home from college just to build a speakerbox

.....You "scan" through Various caraudio retail websites looking for "good Deals"

.....You had a stereo system in your car before you had a drivers licence (my personal Favorite)

.....You drive with the windows down in the dead of winter just to improve your bass response

.....You ask for an High Output Alternator for your birthday

.....You go to the local audio shops just to quiz the employees

.....You go home from college just to build a speakerbox

Or you just build it outside your Dorm :D

.....You "scan" through Various caraudio retail websites looking for "good Deals"

All the time, i also reguarlly check Soundsplinters and Ascendants websites for updates.

.....You had a stereo system in your car before you had a drivers licence (my personal Favorite)

Heh, RE componet set was the first addition... 6 months before i got my drivers license and after only having the truck for 7 days. Ordered the Ava 2 months before i started driving and it arrived on my brithday. i got my license a week later and never experenced a back seat in my truck.

.....You ask for an High Output Alternator for your birthday

On the comming up i am asking for either a HU, Alternator, or Intake, maybe a yellow top.

.....You go to the local audio shops just to quiz the employees

ALL the freaking time, especially when im borred. i love it when they get a new employee and they dont know me and htink they can walk all over me like every other dubass High Schooler that walks in.

Edited by CBFryman

That last one is fun.

Couple guys from a shop down the street get pizza from me all the time. I dont ask them much about car audio since they are on their break and would rather eat pizza

you can never be pleased about your current setup no matter how good it is there is better somehow :Doh:

When you wind up with 800 extra bucks in your checking from scholarships and you start up your home thater project, overdraft you bank account for the first time and still not close to done (I still have to buy atleast 700 bucks more of equipment, not including speakers)

As said before...

When you go home on the weekends to use a tablesaw so you can build enclosures.

People on your dorm floor know all about your audio setup because they can hear it all the way down the hallway without having it cranked up all the way.

Edited by topgun

from personal experience....when you are running 2 JBL 1500GTi's in your dorm room because they are laying around no longer in your car, of course built into an MDF bar--one that shakes too much to hold bottles.

when the thing you can type the fastest is:

teamssaudio.com

When you have 1k in audio setup.... On your computer in your dorm room.... And you know your folks are gonna flip when you move back from college with 2 extra amps, a preamp, and a crossover...

My parents did the reverse, they hated when I moved back out into my new place and took all my stereo gear with me :)

same here :)

tole them i was taking my tv to school....mine just happens to be the bigass one thats in the living room...

needless to say they wouldnt have none of that being tvless an all...and they bought a new one :)

You make a person that is wearing headpones, while driving a car with his windows up, going the opposite direction look

You do an emergancy fix on your system in the parking lot of a movie theater(ohh yea at night), becasue one of your friends has never been in your car or heard your system. (she liked it)

You regularly crawl into your trunk to adjust your crossovers to find the perfect tuning, in arbitrary parking lots all over town.

When you talk in your sleep about audio and hooking stuff up.

Yea, my roommate said the other morn that I was talking in complete phrases about hooking up my dorm setup and stuff, he said it was kinda technical and confusing to him. Lol

...you always have the same amount of money in your bank account, the minimum allowed by the bank

...you actually want to drive places, even in traffic, just to listen to your music

...you can't pay attention to your friends while riding in their cars because you're too concentrated on how crappy stock speakers sound

...you ponder which organs you can sell to fund car audio

...you've driven at least a week without any music in your car while waiting for some stereo part to arrive

...you go straight to the front door when you get home expecting a package out of habit even though you didn't order anything

...you get nostalgic for the smell of resin

I got two good ones.

-When you hear someone bassing out simply to draw attention...

And you can just roll up your window and turn it up louder than them, but not disturb anyone around.

And one more, The best so far.....

When

Your

Garadge

Looks like this 98.5% of the time.

Picture191.jpg

....when there is enough wiring in ur car to allow for a nuclear generator and it still isn't enough.

....when u have to run dual altenators just so ur headlights will work.

.....when the batteries in ur ride are the same ones found on the space shuttle and u sold ur parents to get them.

......when u take ur new truck in for service and the mechanics keep it all day to listen to it (sorry mrray, we don't have ur specific oil filter in, we have to drive to a dealership in chicago to get it. do u mind if we use ur truck?)

........what's a back seat?

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Hello, my name is blake and I'm a caraudioholic.

I didn't think I was too bad till about 30% of the suggestions where true... the only one I didn't see is:

.... you spend your rent money on car audio gear before you even realize it, then once you notice you spend more....

ohh and:

... you try desperately to fall asleep at 1AM only to be sitting at your computer at 4am wondering why the board is so dead.

I had to bump this thread, for I too have an addiction. I came to this conclusion one day while fishing in this

tje025.jpg

When I looked down at this area

tje028.jpg

And thought something was missing there ;)

tje034.jpg

tje035.jpg

My name is Raymond. Am I'm addicted to mobile audio :)

Edited by ramos

that's too cool ramos!!!

when you erase family pictures on the camara because somone shows up with a sick install and you have got to take pictures of it.

subwoofer pr0n gets you more excited then hardcore.....well, some subwoofer pr0n is hardcore.....see, there i go defending sub pr0n...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

that looks bad ass ramos, post pics when its all done

and progress shots are ok too :)