Aaron Clinton

I know I have a car audio addiction when......

.....when you are already discussing your 14 year old DAUGHTERS possible equipment with HER a year before she gets a license...passing on the addiction fing05.gif

When you add a subwoofer with speakers and a deck to a cooler for the beach

when you change your 3 month old setup, sell it at a loss, offer to build the guy his box and install it for him, all the while redoing your own setup

When you're preparing to spend just over $2k just to prep your vehicle(no audio products in that price) for a stereo system upgrade because anything under 2,500w of power is just a typical install anymore...

When you spend most of a day installing old car stereo equipment as your garage stereo. I have an old Blaupunkt Headunit, sony 6.5 coaxials, a 200 watt amp and 2 old 12" JBL's in a bandpass box. The neighbor kid about lost it when he saw that!

When you spend most of a day installing old car stereo equipment as your garage stereo. I have an old Blaupunkt Headunit, sony 6.5 coaxials, a 200 watt amp and 2 old 12" JBL's in a bandpass box. The neighbor kid about lost it when he saw that!

talkin about the old blaupunkt radios that had a face only a mother could love?

.....when you get a second job just to pay for more car audio equipment.

.....when you spend all your money on a sub only to have it arrive but not be able to drive around town with it because you don't have gas money :Doh:

.....when instead of sleeping in class, you think about what your next system should be.

talkin about the old blaupunkt radios that had a face only a mother could love?

The Blaupunkt is around 4 years old. I work at my local AutoZone and we had it laying around for about 4 years and it finally went on clearance for $20.00! I was thinking that I needed a radio for the garage and this would fit the bill nicely. It works, but I would never put in one of my cars! I also bought the Sony Xplod coax's for $10.00! They are the cheapest they made, but they work!

...you lose sleep designing a new system for a your/a friends car

...most of your life is car audio forums

:+1: Oh man....been there....still do that :lol:

Edited by CleanLS

.....when instead of sleeping in class, you think about what your next system should be.

X2 :neil: . Algebra II is a good excuse to get the calculator out and put in different dimensions for your next box, and figure out how long it will be until you can buy the next thing for your setup :).

....you run out of room to store your car audio stuff...

....your deaf grandmother tells you to turn it down..... :neil:

...When you know the difference between Homedepots MDF and Lowes MDF just by feel.

When you modify bass tracks that are sold in stores to peak and work specifically for your install so when demo-ing, every track is designed just for your ride.

When you carry with you Db Meter, o-scope and DMMs.... just in case you need to diagnose somethin on the move.

my 8 year old daughter knows how to properly design an enclosure

my sons first words were "applefier"..LOL

my wife wants to Tattoo JBL on her ass so I'll spend more time with her :shrug:

-WHEN YOU PARTY ALL NIGHT AT SOME DUDES HOUSE AND WAKE UP THE NEXT MORNING WONDERING WHAT I MISSED ON THE CARAUDIO FORUMS

-WHEN YOU TRIP OVER A SUB IN YOUR ROOM AND DONT EVEN KNOW WHERE, WHEN OR WHY YOU GOT IT.

-WHEN YOU BUILT AN ENCLOSURE SPECIFICALLY FOR YOUR BED.

-WHEN YOU WASTE MORE GAS AND DRIVE FASTER JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN ACTUALLY HEAR YOUR LOUD ASS DUAL EXHAUST AGAIN FROM YOUR TRUCK, BECAUSE YOU SOLD YOUR HEAD UNIT SO YOU CAN GET A DOUBLE DIN.

-WHEN YOU RUN IN TO A STORE OR GAS STATION AND LEAVE YOUR CAR ON AND YOUR SUBS RUNNING AND LISTEN TO WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE AND THINK..."SO THATS WHAT OTHER PEOPLE HEAR!......DAMN!!! MAYBE IT IS THAT LOUD."

-WHEN YOU GET A BASS LINE STUCK IN YOUR HEAD, AND TRY TO REPLICATE WITH YOUR MOUTH AND VOICE AT WORK WHEN YOUR BORED.

-WHEN YOU STEAL ONLY THE CARS IN GRAND THEFT AUTO 4 THAT HAVE SUBWOOFERS IN THE BACK.

-WHEN YOU CAN HEAR A BASS LINE AT A STOP LIGHT AND YOU RECOGNIZE THE SONG PLAYING, BUT DONT KNOW WHERE ITS COMING FROM.

-WHEN YOU USED A GUITAR AMPLIFIER FOR YOUR OLD COMP SETS.

-WHEN YOU MOUNT TWEETERS ON YOUR HEADBOARD IN YOUR ROOM.

-WHEN YOU ARE IN SOMEONE ELSES CAR AND WONDER WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL THE LOW END FREQUENCIES, AND THEN YOU VOICE THE BASS LINES LOL.

-WHEN YOU BUILD AN ENCLOSURE AT 28HZ, AND THE ONLY REASON YOU CHOSE 28 WAS BECAUSE YOU WANTED TO HEAR THE LOW PART IN "WHITE GIRL" -USDA FT YOUNG JEEZY.

-WHEN YOU ACTUALLY ENJOY HELPING PEOPLE ON FORUMS ABOUT CAR AUDIO.

-WHEN GOOGLE SKETCH AND WINISD PRO AND FIREFOX ARE THE MOST USED PROGRAMS ON YOU PC.

-WHEN YOU WISH YOU PAYED MORE ATTENTION IN CAD CLASS IN HIGH SCHOOL.

-WHEN YOU HATE WHEN PEOPLE BUY PREFABS

-WHEN YOUR EATING STEERING WHEEL EVERYDAY

-WHEN YOU DONT HAVE ANY PASSENGERS, NOT BECAUSE OF YOUR SYSTEM, BECAUSE THE WHOLE INTERIOR OF YOUR CAR WAS THE ENCLOSURE.

-WHEN YOU LOOK OUT YOUR WINDOWS IN YOUR HOUSE EVERY TIME SOMEONE DRIVING BY IS THUMPING.

-WHEN MOST OF YOUR ARGUMENTS WITH YOUR FRIENDS ARE ABOUT HOW BOSE SUCKS.

i am jason, and i am addicted to low frequencies

-WHEN MOST OF YOUR ARGUMENTS WITH YOUR FRIENDS ARE ABOUT HOW BOSE SUCKS.

Lol so true on that one

haha yeah

new one to add due to todays activities at the house

- When you rip and old bathtub out, and get into and argument with the guy helping you. Trying to decide if there is enough airspace in it for a 15" or an 18" :)

new one to add due to todays activities at the house

- When you rip and old bathtub out, and get into and argument with the guy helping you. Trying to decide if there is enough airspace in it for a 15" or an 18" :)

What brand and model of bathutb?

..........when plan your weekend around shows

..........when you are having a hard time finding room for all the 1st place and best of class trophies

..........when your neighbors(who are not even into car audio) come over and see what you are building now

..........when the same neighbors ask how you did at your last show and they remember your last scores!!(weird)

..........when the guys on-line feel like family

.........when you hear Mango Pickle and think of seeing Ramos demoing the car and watching people's faces

.........when you post here....

Don't ever get hung up on home audio........especially vacuum tube amplification and high efficiency speakers.

And if your about half a pack rat......it can get rather ugly.

A pair of Klipsch LaScalas.

A pair of Klipsch Cornwalls.

My homebrew cabinets with the B&C 12CXB dual concentrics. (Everyone needs to try a good dual concentric at least once.)

Polk Monitor 10A's.

Dynaco A25's.

Some Knight speakers with cheap Jensen drivers.

Heil cabinets with the smaller AMT tweeters.

A pair of Altec 415A bi-flex drivers.

SVS 16/46 subs.

Audio control crossover with NAD power amp.

A mountain of speaker drivers that I can't even keep track of anymore.

A homebrew 2A3 SET amp.

Two Magnavox SEP 6BQ5 amps.

A Magnavox 6BQ5 PP amp.

A modified Admiral 6BQ5 PP amp.

Eico ST-70 7591 integrated amp.

Altec Lansing 345A EL-34 PP amp.

Four Hammond organ tone cabinet amps using 6BQ5.

Four or five Hammond 6V6 PPP tone cabinet amps.

Piles of tube PA amplifiers, a couple tube recievers and tube integrated amps.

A pile of output iron and power supply transformers

I'm pretty sure I have well over 1000 vacuum tubes, fom exotic to mundane.

A HK 330B SS amp.

A JVC SS integrated.

A Nikko integrated.

More broken solid state amps.

Two good working SS ocilloscopes, two tube boat anchor scopes for parts.

Two tube DC HV power supplies, a Lambda and Heathkit.

A Lambda 35 volt, 10 amp power supply.

A cheap variac.

A half dozen or more DMM's.

My Triplett volt/ohm meter.

A Hewlett Packard 400H VTVM.

A Simpson sig generator and Heathkit sine wave oscillator.

Two tube testers, a Heathkit emission tester and B&K mutual conductance tester.

And tons more crap I can't remember.

I'm telling ya, don't go there......I'm gonna hate life when I have to move eventually.

Edited by MikeS