Aaron Clinton

I know I have a car audio addiction when......

after your sub enclosure is completed, the first thing you do is stick your head inside of it and you make sub sounds with your voice.

x2 (definitely done this one a lot), or you knock on it thinking it sounds wonderful and imagining how the sub will sound on there.

after your sub enclosure is completed, the first thing you do is stick your head inside of it and you make sub sounds with your voice.

x2 (definitely done this one a lot), or you knock on it thinking it sounds wonderful and imagining how the sub will sound on there.

I just did all that about 30 minutes ago with the enclosure I just build lolz.

When you take a sawz all to the rear deck to make room for your 3 18's in the mustang. :fing34:

you are addicted when you learn another language just to see and learn about other people and Other countries builds

When your speakers are bigger than your rims.

When your speakers are bigger than your rims.

This has been true for me for years now lol

Or maybe it just means were to broke to buy big shinny rims......

when u buy new white t shirts and plain white underwear to go have FI and Sundown airbrushed all over em

when u buy new white t shirts and plain white underwear to go have FI and Sundown airbrushed all over em

Damn dude On your underwear!!! Lol

took my son to his first car audio comp. at 18 months old.

bought a pair of new subs, just because I got them for dealer cost, even though I was still satisfied with the system I had....

Can build a dual ported enclosure during my toddler's afternoon nap, then wake him up so he can see what daddy built...

Ask the wife for forgiveness when th UPS guy shows up to hand her a 30 lb box containing a new subwoofer she had no clue I bought online... (oh boy, she was not happy about this one)

decided to build a box for a 10" sub I had sitting in the garage to use as my computer speaker sub, just because I could, and besides, those two sheets of extra MDF in the garage aren't going to use themselves.

A friend comes over to show you his new amp, and you install it using the spare wiring you have on hand.

Spend many sleepless nights designing an enclosure for a friends vehicle.

The local "custom shop" installer has you design and install his new system because he thinks you're more knowledgeable than he is........

Edited by nigel

spend the majority of a 12 hour midnight shift killing your eyes reading page after page of car audio forums and manufacturer websites, and then going back to post that in this thread to realize you've allowed too much time to pass since your last post and can no longer edit......

realizing that the first component set you ever bought that's in the storage room has more sentimental value than any gift your wife has bought you.

spend two months convincing your in-laws to give you an extra $200 to go towards your brother-in laws christmas gift because you can't get a decent sub and amp for the amount they initially wanted to spend.....

You know you're addicted to car audio when the first build you plan on doing is only going to be a hold over Icon 15 so that you can bump until you have the cash for two twenty ones and a wall. In a vehicle that isn't even insured currently.

You know you're addicted to car audio when listening to a song you like a lot, you get goose bumps. :peepwall:

Happens all the time. I love music.

You know your addicted to car audio when...

You listen to your music with the windows down even when its -7 and snowing on the way home from work just because you want to show off your hard work and great sounding subs!

...when your girlfriend uses hair tricks as leverage to get what she wants lol

:WTFBubble:

...when your girlfriend uses hair tricks as leverage to get what she wants lol

:WTFBubble:

Now that's a smart girlfriend right there!

I would give in too, don't feel bad :lol:

Pretty much addicted when both of my companies are 100% Car Audio Related ;). That and I bought a vehicle specifically for my new install.

Music is my life and passion, and it was something about Car Audio that really grabbed me and sucked me in.

.... when you live on monster energy just to get you system installed no matter how much sleep you lose

.... when you buy a brand new ipod touch so your cd's stop skipping

.... when you spen most of your nights downloading demo music just cause your bored

Edited by AussieBoi

When your dad says, whats so impresive about this p.o.s///

When I have more speaker wire, speakers, subs, amps etc, than I do of clothes

When they ask me, what goes first in your life? Car Audio Duh !!!

When I turn down riding in a sick ass looking honda, because it has no bump.

When you screw up your brothers car alternator by leaving stripped wires.

And by using mdf sawdust to freshen up your sweat.

Haha thats exactly what I do.

When you turn the volume up once you see a police car.

when you literally sleep with your subs and amps

when you almost kick out your cousin because she wet a freshly built sub box.

when you convince your cousin to go with a sundown sa-8 instead of a dub 7

when you put a 2 year old baby next to your sub and the sub is wayyyy bigger.

when your friend invites you over to his mansion but you refuse because he dosnt have any car audio related stuff.

when you get hooked up with free snacks and sodas at a gas station just for a demo of your system.

and when you play full tilt so your head stops hurting. (why take tylenol when you can have a fresh dose of 144 db's :) )

and when you say f*ck the chinese people at the mall for a massage, and you get a free massage by playing 25 htz in your car.

took my son to his first car audio comp. at 18 months old.

bought a pair of new subs, just because I got them for dealer cost, even though I was still satisfied with the system I had....

Can build a dual ported enclosure during my toddler's afternoon nap, then wake him up so he can see what daddy built...

Ask the wife for forgiveness when th UPS guy shows up to hand her a 30 lb box containing a new subwoofer she had no clue I bought online... (oh boy, she was not happy about this one)

decided to build a box for a 10" sub I had sitting in the garage to use as my computer speaker sub, just because I could, and besides, those two sheets of extra MDF in the garage aren't going to use themselves.

A friend comes over to show you his new amp, and you install it using the spare wiring you have on hand.

Spend many sleepless nights designing an enclosure for a friends vehicle.

The local "custom shop" installer has you design and install his new system because he thinks you're more knowledgeable than he is........

haha so true on the last one. The guy at the best car audio shop in my city, didnt even know sundown audio or fi audio existed. good stuff man :roflmao:

When you pawn/sell spare equptment for new audio equiptment.

You drive less to buy more.

You eat out less to buy more.

You pawn/sell spare equiptment to make next months payment on w/e.

You refuse to step foot into a local audio shop

You know the difference between Class A, B, A/B, and D amplifiers and know why there is no such thing as true B-Class amplifiers for most audio reproduction.

You measure Impeadance Curve just because

You build enclosures just because you have an old driver you want to play with.

You Buy MDF just incase.

You have a stash of wood screws just incase.

You have enough 1/4 full bottles of wood glue lying around to make 10 full bottles.

You have Glue/Chaulk/Bondo/Paint/Primer/Stain somewhere on your hands almost 365 days a year.

You use that as an excuse to not shake hands with people you dont like.

You sit around making this up because you dont have an audio project to be working on at the moment.

Your installs for your buddies are reguarded as higher quality than the installs of the local car audio shop by multiple people, almost a whole high school infact... and you are only 16 and have no formal training what-so-ever.

:sleepwerd4: