Aaron Clinton

I know I have a car audio addiction when......

:ehh:

yeahhh, boredom will do that to you, but it's cool.

buying my kids clothes at Good Will and garage sales so I have money for audio equipment.

edit: that is by FAR the most pathetic thing ive heard in my life. i want to laugh, but its just too pathetic.

LMMFAO!!!!!!!!

-WHEN YOU GET A BASS LINE STUCK IN YOUR HEAD, AND TRY TO REPLICATE WITH YOUR MOUTH AND VOICE AT WORK WHEN YOUR BORED.

x2

Nope.. i got the best one ever... or at least for a while.

I was just in an accident yesterday morning when some lady wasn't payin attention and slammed on her brakes and caused me to hit her.

My car's in the shop now prob for a week or so but when the guy was out there markin the damage area down, i told him this-

I know it's not anywhere near the impact area, BUT can you have someone inspect the pulley system and MAKE SURE the belt is on tight and nothing is loose because i got a show to go to in 2 weeks and i need to make sure the alternator is still in top notch shape.

Nope.. i got the best one ever... or at least for a while.

I was just in an accident yesterday morning when some lady wasn't payin attention and slammed on her brakes and caused me to hit her.

My car's in the shop now prob for a week or so but when the guy was out there markin the damage area down, i told him this-

I know it's not anywhere near the impact area, BUT can you have someone inspect the pulley system and MAKE SURE the belt is on tight and nothing is loose because i got a show to go to in 2 weeks and i need to make sure the alternator is still in top notch shape.

good one. How bout when you get rear ended and the first thing you check when you get out the vehicle is to see if you subs were damaged. Haha

Actually, i care less bout subs gettin damaged, i want to make sure my batteries aren't damaged!

Heh, stopped off the collision center today to pick up my garage door opener and they got my car parked directly in the center of the repair building...

It's makin me wonder if they plan on demoing my wall?

They aren't gonna get far though cuz i got it set to put out no bass, hehe. The universal master gain controller is turned all the way down and is mounted underneath the dash...

Actually, i care less bout subs gettin damaged, i want to make sure my batteries aren't damaged!

Heh, stopped off the collision center today to pick up my garage door opener and they got my car parked directly in the center of the repair building...

It's makin me wonder if they plan on demoing my wall?

They aren't gonna get far though cuz i got it set to put out no bass, hehe. The universal master gain controller is turned all the way down and is mounted underneath the dash...

hahaha :woot:

i was told by my friends that i am going to go deaf with the bass in my car. so they said that my hearing aid is going to have a little sub on it. and i was perfectly fine with that concept :D

i am also in college and i am digging myself in a hole of debt with college loans but i always think of ways to save up for audio equipment. and in my classes, all my notebooks have some kind of drawing of subs or amps or set ups. so bass is in my mind for 24/7.

so yea, i think im addicted...but im not planning on getting cured anytime soon :drink40:

i was told by my friends that i am going to go deaf with the bass in my car. so they said that my hearing aid is going to have a little sub on it. and i was perfectly fine with that concept :D

i am also in college and i am digging myself in a hole of debt with college loans but i always think of ways to save up for audio equipment. and in my classes, all my notebooks have some kind of drawing of subs or amps or set ups. so bass is in my mind for 24/7.

so yea, i think im addicted...but im not planning on getting cured anytime soon :drink40:

x2, thats how I used to be in college, over a year ago when I was still there (every notebook had drawings, ohm load impedence, etc.)

How bout when you have audio company stickers and decals everywhere in your garage, on your car, door, computer, etc.

I know I have a car audio addiction when I have a hundred pounds of primo old-school gear coming from opposite ends of the country, and I've already changed my plans and know I probably won't be using any of it in my install.

I know I have a car audio addiction when I buy four head units in a week because each one was way cooler than the last and too cheap to pass up, then realize I'll have a hard time outdoing the Addzest DRX9255 I've been hanging on to for the last year. Hey, at least I'll have choices.

I know I have a car audio addiction when I finally score an Alpine 7909, then realize I won't be able to sleep at night knowing the poor old Alpine is a prime target for the first crackhead with a brick to come rip it out of my dash. Oh wait, it's a first-gen 7909, so it's a pull-out. Crisis averted.

I know I have a car audio addiction when I dig through the stuff on my desk and find a set of tweeters I don't remember buying.

Finally, I know I have a car audio addiction when I find myself selling off my "keeper" USA Series US Acoustics amps with the intention of simplifying my new install with a single amp. This "simplification" will result in my spending the exact amount I paid for my car ($600), ten years ago. For a single amp. Damn.

Yes, it's official. I've lost my freaking mind.

I know I have a car audio addiction when I buy four head units in a week because each one was way cooler than the last and too cheap to pass up, then realize I'll have a hard time outdoing the Addzest DRX9255 I've been hanging on to for the last year. Hey, at least I'll have choices.

Another day, another head unit. Let's make that 5 in one week.

I have a $2000 car with $6000 worth of equipment in it - and the ratio keep getting worse

I realize I have had over 15 different cars in 5 years, because I get bored when the car audio install is done, and I need to start over in a new car

I have dreamt of car audio on several occasions

I get angry when my friends buy shitty equipment because they don't "prioritize" having a good car audio system

I can remember at least three girls I've had sex with, while I was thinking of car audio

sitting in a car with a crappy sound system, just makes me want someone dead

I must really restrain myself from buying good equipment to people (and paying for it myself) just because I can't stand the sound from a crappy system

someone asks for my help with a $300 system, and I refuse because it's not worth the trouble with that small budget.

What about you know you have a car audio addiction when your subs can knock Chuck Norris flat on his ass?

Everything else has pretty much been said so theres nothing else I can really use...

When you call home from iraq to make sure the voltage on your batteries is OK and the charger is still working....

When u pull up to car audio shops to shake the buildings not to buy anything....

When all you need is a dmm but you buy an o-scope and tell your wife you need it to fix school buses.....

When your wife asks you before you get back home from a deployment to spend more time with her than the car....

When you sell your car because you cant put a big enough alternator in it......

When you have stuff shipped to your friends house so your wife doesn't see it ....

When your friends ask how big your speaker is in your barracks room and you tell them its a 5 1/4 sub and they don't belive it cause they thinks its a ten inch...

When you keep hitting edit cause you think of more stuff lol......

Edited by alexj01_83

Ive got a few

.....You walk through parking lots wondering what kind of system people have

.....You go home from college just to build a speakerbox

.....You "scan" through Various caraudio retail websites looking for "good Deals"

.....You had a stereo system in your car before you had a drivers licence (my personal Favorite)

.....You drive with the windows down in the dead of winter just to improve your bass response

.....You ask for an High Output Alternator for your birthday

.....You go to the local audio shops just to quiz the employees

HAHAH this is so me.. Except I had a system sitting in the floor of my room, before I had a car. Let alone a license. And I'm asking for a HO alt this Christmas LOL

every time i am asked to check out a new ride a friend of mine just got, usually from their work, i do quick brainstorming of internal cubic volume to determine what i "could" do to the vehicle if it were mine, :)

And this is no lie, everybody at my work site knows me for brainstorming number figures constantly off the top of my head about anything, one thing being potential installs for any vehicle i come across.

And of course, i know i'm addicted when i actually take time out from myself to just go help somebody install an entire system or just talk to them about plans for a system and refuse to leave until they have a goal in the right direction. I hate knowin people that didnt go the right way with their money and ideas..

.... You bought a newer car because 6 15's wont fit in the trunk of a Honda Civic.

.... When you turn up your system you have to put your hand beside your face just in case the driver's side windows blows out.

.... You wish Dish Network had a Car Audio channel.

.... You would rather freeze your ass off building a box than sit in a nice warm house.

.... You are constantly buying connectors and other audio accessories just because they are on sale even if you don't need them.

I love this thread, you know you are an audioholic when...

You spend every last dime on wires, the battery in you flashlight runs out and you cant afford any new batts. Its 12:00 midnight and you are wiring your system in the parking lot of an apartment complex by candlelight.... In a rain storm. FTW!

-WHEN YOU GET A BASS LINE STUCK IN YOUR HEAD, AND TRY TO REPLICATE WITH YOUR MOUTH AND VOICE AT WORK WHEN YOUR BORED.

x2

Dude that happens to me everyday if not every hour. Haha

You start dreaming about amplifier

You're day dreaming about how to build a new enclosure

You spend the whole monthly scholarship on car stereo, so you en up eating bread and jam for 30 days.

When you move. . . . . . . . . . You have to find a house with a Extra bedroom just to house all your amps,subs,boxes,decks,and speakers!

When you buy a "new" car and can't even drive it until you at least throw a deck in it, a Pluto on some 6 X 9's and a Punch150 on a 10" sub.

At least that when I realized I was F_cked for LIFE! :drink40:

When every family member has a system... even your grandparents..

You conviced your teacher to get a SPL system...

Your teacher calls you out of class so you can check if their amp is grounded good..

You have bass test cd's on your Itouch so you can have bass everywhere you go..

You had a system before you knew what lugnuts were...

Your digital camera has dozens of videos of your system..the same system..

You almost got banned from starbucks for having the system on in the parking lot....

You look at everyones reasons for being addicted and say "hahaha me too!".. to every single one...

When you have more bass test cd's then a library has books..

YOUR SCHOOL COP GAVE YOU A NOISE POLUTION TICKET AT LUNCH!!!!

@$#%^?@$%^&@$@$^@#%!^*&*)