Aaron Clinton

I know I have a car audio addiction when......

It is a sexy woofa...very sexy. I'm tempted to lean it over and give that pole vent what it wants!

:lol:

It is a sexy woofa...very sexy. I'm tempted to lean it over and give that pole vent what it wants!

:lol:

Well said Rob. And thats very true :)

-WHEN YOU STEAL ONLY THE CARS IN GRAND THEFT AUTO 4 THAT HAVE SUBWOOFERS IN THE BACK.

-WHEN YOU CAN HEAR A BASS LINE AT A STOP LIGHT AND YOU RECOGNIZE THE SONG PLAYING, BUT DONT KNOW WHERE ITS COMING FROM.

-WHEN YOU ARE IN SOMEONE ELSES CAR AND WONDER WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL THE LOW END FREQUENCIES, AND THEN YOU VOICE THE BASS LINES LOL.

-WHEN YOU ACTUALLY ENJOY HELPING PEOPLE ON FORUMS ABOUT CAR AUDIO.

-WHEN YOU GET A BASS LINE STUCK IN YOUR HEAD, AND TRY TO REPLICATE WITH YOUR MOUTH AND VOICE AT WORK WHEN YOUR BORED.

-WHEN YOU HATE WHEN PEOPLE BUY PREFABS

-WHEN YOU LOOK OUT YOUR WINDOWS IN YOUR HOUSE EVERY TIME SOMEONE DRIVING BY IS THUMPING.

lol thats all me right there

-when you stay up all night debating with yourself whether you should use aero port's or a slot port for your next enclosure.

-when everyday you get home the first thing you do is get on the forum

-when you see suv's around and just daydream about how many subs you could put in them

-when you make fun of the stupid things most car audio shops say

-when your listening to music in your room and their's no bass you substitute it with knocking on the desk

....when a friend says he just spend 600 on a new system, and you mumble "that's what i just paid for some new wires".....

....when your girlfriend brakes up with you, because you spend more time with your system than with her....

....when your headunit alone is more worth as our car itself....

....when you take your brand new amps with you in the bed because it gives you a good feeling knowing they are safe....

i paid $300 for my first car, a 1990 chevy k5 blazer, had about $500 in the head unit....

i had more carpet on my box than the interior, i had dynamat floorboards...

when your with your gf and you get on ssa on your phone during a movie! haha

haha i like that groceery one

...when a friend says he just spend 600 on a new system, and you mumble "that's what i just paid for some new wires".....

LAWD!! That's me to a T haha

when you have six different sub boxes laying around the house and most of them are almost the exact same-

if you took all the sawdust that youve breathed in and could somehow make it solid it would be enough to build a box-

from my own life..

when... you get excited everytime you get new music just so you can hear how it sounds in your car.

when... your 18 years old, driving is a teenagers life, you stop driving for 2 months. and the day you can drive again all you want to do is sit in your car and feel that bass.

no to mention i spent 75% of saturday (the first day driving) messing around with my sub/amp and tuning it again now that i kind of know how.

My experience:

Built a shed, filled it up with audio stuff, built another, filled it up and now filling #3...

Jigsawing new beautyboards in a motel bathroom at 2am for Regionals the next day when my judging time was at 7am. All while drinking too much.

Wiring a head unit when sitting at a red light.

Wood glue makes that bloody cut go right away.

When MDF dust gets in your chili fries...but it's all good.

Phone bill or subwoofer......hard choice.

Sleeping on the floor of the demo van with 12 15's going full tilt while the hung over co-pilot drives home.

(yes, it's possible. I and others have done this.)

Getting another amp instead of fixing the tranny.

Building different enclosures for different rides for the same subs and using them for furniture, hampers, doghouses, etc

Finishing a big install on a hot day and Windexing your pits so you can hurry up and get to the Titty Bar before happy hour ends.

Cooking your lunch with a heat gun. I actually built a heat-gun oven for this purpose and still use it to this day.

I've done many things in 20 years of competing and installing, seen & done alot of strange chit. That's what makes this industry fun. Now that the industry is going back into the hands of the independents, we have a chance to make it like it was when I started. It was fun and enjoyable for all and everyone could relate to it.

when your livingroom looks like a desert because its was to cold outside and desided to build the box inside and right after that the whole house smells like resin for 6weeks because its a good tempretaure inside for the glass to harden (did this in my apartment where i used to live)

.... When it takes 11 pages to finally realize, maybe i do have a problem

.... When you have your whole system in your room so that right when you get a new car its in that weekend.

.... When your friends all seem to show up when the box is coming together, just so they can hear it.

when you get on SSA and tell everyone how addicted you are. just taking the time out of the rest of your designated SSA time just to admit that your hooked and need to gtfo.

nuff said

...when youre up at 3am tuning your sub amp and you havent had sex in 2 weeks.. and start confusing the slot port with something else.. then you realize your pants are down..

...when you have a special room in your trunk just for extra wire..

...when the first thing you do when getting in on any car, even that you dont know the owner, the first thing you wanna do is move the ecualizer of the hu so the short ride it could be a lil more pleasant..

...when you go to a bar/club and the only thing you can think of is the crappy sound system they have..

...when listening to music with a good high end system its the closest thing to sex..

...when you get angry cuz you got no cd's left to burn and hate the bad quality USBs/IPODs get into the system..

...when you see more the delivery guy than your family in a whole year..

...when deciding eating for a whole week or buy a new front stage set its hard.. but we all know what the final call is.. suddenly you start loosing weight faster than a celebrity who just gave birth..

...when you can actually know when someone is using an epicenter in their system from just hearing it and not seeing it..

When you own damn near as many nonworking amps as you do working amps with the intention on learning how to fix them (I'm really considereing an EE degree).

when you are in the process of selling your entire setup, even though it's too loud for anyone to enjoy and no one wants to ride with you, to replace it with triple the cone area, double the power and walled off just because you want the best for your money...

Go to circuit city, or used to go to circuit city, to laugh at the audio employees information about car audio

Hey i install at bestbuy, i know i have an addiction when i oreder the sax 100.4 preorder the saz 3500d about to purchase the nightshade but waiting to see if the version 2 come out , have 2 pair of 300.00 3 way components and no freaken car to put it in. and when i do buy my car in a couple weeks i am buying my car around what size box i could build for my 2 x15 and still not seal of the trunk to the cabin. thats love will only but a car that can fit 8-9 cubes in the trunk. might have to get an suv.

Ive got a few

.....You ask for an High Output Alternator for your birthday

I asked for a deep cycle battery lol

I got a few...

... You spend more time listing to music in the truck than you do you house even though you spend $3000 on your home system.

... you spend more time plugged in to the battery charger than you do driving.

... When you have figure out how many days you will have to go with out eating to buy that new amp... I'm on day 3 and have a few more days to go.

Edited by efxtruck

When you own damn near as many nonworking amps as you do working amps with the intention on learning how to fix them (I'm really considereing an EE degree).

In the process right now!! :D

Double major

EE

and

Audio Engineering FTW!!!

Then maybe later, Acoustical Engineering :)