sefugi

'80 Vette Tunes

I posted a topic to get some ideas and feedback about an install in a '80 Corvette and the responces were great. Due to the nature of the design and limited options for this model vehicle and at the request of the owner, we will not be cutting on the doors and using the factory locations in the front of the vehicle. We will however be making some modifications to the rear of the vehicle, but be saving the majority of the space in the rear so that space can be used for the placement of the T-tops when out for a cruise. I/we have discussed the limiting factors of the choices made for the items being installed and the limitations of sound that they can reproduce. The owner has stated that he is not a person that is in tune to all the details surrounding a great sounding system so if it justs plays he is sure it will sound good to him. Sorry for the long intro, on to some pics...

img4516e.jpg

A few pics of the mess that has to be addressed before I can get started.

img4517x.jpg

img4519x.jpg

img4518he.jpg

img4520a.jpg

img4521i.jpg

img4522rt.jpg

I have started to install some of the items and will be updating as I have time. Thanks for checking this out and all coments are welcome!

So far I have been able to clean up the wiring, actually go through and remove a mess of wiring that looks as though it has been added to and added to for quite a few years. Built a harness for the HU we purchased from Julian. Thanks Man!! Installed some new A/C vents while the HU was going in and added a few missing screws that tightened up the HU mounting.

img4524i.jpg

img4525hl.jpg

img4526f.jpg

img4527m.jpg

img4528l.jpg

Notice the extention cord used for the front speakers.

img4523o.jpg

New HU (Pioneer MVH-P8200BT) installed. Thanks again Julian!!

img4529n.jpg

img4530h.jpg

img4531h.jpg

img4532y.jpg

Those cars always pose a challenge!

Nice start. HU looks great in the dash!

HU looks clean.. very clean almost looks like it came stock with the car. Nice job.

looks nice man!!!

Those cars always pose a challenge!

Nice start. HU looks great in the dash!

Yes, for what you can install as well as being able to move around in it. I'm not a big guy and the rear section is really tight.

Thanks!!

HU looks clean.. very clean almost looks like it came stock with the car. Nice job.

Hope the owner feels the same... Thank you sir!!

looks nice man!!!

:thanx:

Nice to see another excellent build log by sefugi!

Nice to see another excellent build log by sefugi!

Thanks!!! Not the one I wanted to work on before the year was over, but :ughdunno:

Definitely tuned in. Looks great so far!

Out side looks great the wires look like they will be fun...

Yes, I was worried about what he was bringing me. Most of the time these older Corvettes have been through the mill, but this one I have to say is in really good shape!!!

All the access wiring is at this point under control. Will be running the amp and speaker wiring hopefully tonight.

Thank you!!!!

If he didn't have me on a time restraint I would get you to build us an enclosure, but it would have to fit in here:

img4520a.jpg

Thank you!!!!

If he didn't have me on a time restraint I would get you to build us an enclosure, but it would have to fit in here:

Appreciate it, but who are you kidding you don't need us anyway. :fing34: It'll be cool to see what you come up with in that space.

Appreciate it, but who are you kidding you don't need us anyway. :fing34: It'll be cool to see what you come up with in that space.

Thanks for the kind words, I do have something I want to try with the sub he brought me to work with.

Nice HU.. Wonder where you got it!

:wavey5: I gave the right SSA member his shout out!!

I can't wit to see what you come up with for such a cramped space. Looks great, like always! However an even bigger challenge would be something like a 48 f-1 :)

I can't wit to see what you come up with for such a cramped space. Looks great, like always! However an even bigger challenge would be something like a 48 f-1 :)

Thanks!!! I have plenty of ideas floating around in my head, so ready when you are! :drink40:

Front speakers Kenwood KFC-X463C are mounted and new speaker wires are run.

img4539na.jpg

img4540sf.jpg

img4541h.jpg

img4542m.jpg

img4543st.jpg

img4544wa.jpg

looking good.

:popcorn:

:thanx:

The factory speakers in the rear were 6X9, but I have a Hertz DSK 165 component set to go in. I cut a couple baffles to mount them in the original 6X9 locations and it came out as a miserable FAIL!! :suicide-santa: I got the mid position cut in the wrong location so I did not have the clearance needed to get it to fit. Here are a few picks any way...

img4547pi.jpg

img4548m.jpg

img4549b.jpg

img4550u.jpg

I know what I have to do know, I beleive to get this how I want it and have it fit! :drink40:

Round 2 with the rear speaker baffles.

img4552q.jpg

img4553p.jpg

img4554a.jpg

img4555jk.jpg

Small miss-hap with the razor knife.

img4551cg.jpg

Quick fix, and I was back to work.

img4556w.jpg