Hey everybody i just orderd a dcon the other day and i have a box orderd also and its 2.0 cubic ft. and tuned to 41 hertz and it says that its best to have it at 33 hertz and i was wondering if that would affect the sub and if so how?

Hey everybody i just orderd a dcon the other day and i have a box orderd also and its 2.0 cubic ft. and tuned to 41 hertz and it says that its best to have it at 33 hertz and i was wondering if that would affect the sub and if so how?

41 is way too high for a daily setup in my opinion. If it's a prefab tuned that high it's most likely not very good.

yea its a prefab so youre saying it wouldnt be a good box for the dcon?

Personally I would never put a dcon in a box tuned to 41hz.

Okay i havent orderd the box yet so i can get a different one and i was thinking about going with a sealed box what are yalls opinions about a dcon in a sealed box

Okay i havent orderd the box yet so i can get a different one and i was thinking about going with a sealed box what are yalls opinions about a dcon in a sealed box

Dcons really shine in a properly built ported enclosure.

Yea thats wat i heard but its going in a trunk and i heard sealed boxes sound better in a trunk

Whoever told you that was misinformed.

dcon.jpg

Modeled a 12" dcon, using 2 cubic feet for volume.

Green = 30hz tuning

Pink = 41hz tuning

With the higher tuning, output is lost on the lower end, but gained on the higher end.

Ohh ok well do you know how well they will perform in a sealed box

They do quite well in sealed enclosures. I'd prefer ported over sealed due to the gain in output, and if the ported box is designed properly can sound excellent.

Yea thats wat i heard but its going in a trunk and i heard sealed boxes sound better in a trunk

If you think 41Hz is to high for daily, he isn't the only misinformed person.

Yes, a pre-fabbed 41Hz box it to high as there isn't enough port. But a proper box at 41Hz is just fine.

Yes, a pre-fabbed 41Hz box it to high as there isn't enough port. But a proper box at 41Hz is just fine.

This.

Please reread my posts as you obviously misunderstood them:

41 is way too high for a daily setup in my opinion (FOR MY TASTES) If it's a prefab tuned that high it's most likely not very good.

Personally I would never put a dcon in a box tuned to 41hz.

So if i do decided on the pre-fabbed tuned at 41hertz will it still hit the lows or no?

Post a link if you're buying online. I can almost certainly say that it's garbage.

Make your own box man, its not that hard... costs like 60 bucks in MDF if that and will sound a hundred times better.

Im not sure if they have a web site but can i put the name of the brand on here?

Sure

There called atrend slammer series its the single 12 box

Edited by harvester51

Hey op, if you need a box plan for that sub, I just designed one for my own 12" DCON.. 2 cubes at 32hz using a 4" aero port. Let me if you're interested

dcon.jpg

Modeled a 12" dcon, using 2 cubic feet for volume.

Green = 30hz tuning

Pink = 41hz tuning

With the higher tuning, output is lost on the lower end, but gained on the higher end.

Thanks for posting that, people can see why we normally say around 33hz for the Dcon. ;)

Ok im pretty much decided that im going to go with a ported box and need some ideas and mattd0334 i was wondering what you hade in mind