KampinKarl

Help deciding on a Setup

I have been doing a lot of research on upgrading my audio setup and came across Fi Audio.

I would like to stay with a single 12" sub in a home made ported box from the recommended specifications.

I have been going over the different options and this is what i have came up with:

Amplifiers:

MB Quart Q1.1500D: RMS 850 watts @ 2 ohm, 1500 watts @ 1 ohm. Love the clip indicator

Hifonics Brutus BRZ1700.1D: RMS 1200 watts @ 2 ohm, 1700 watts @ 1 ohm. One bad thing about this amp is that it requires in-line fusing (not too big of a deal)

I am open to any other suggestions on amps

For my wiring kit I was thinking about going 2 gauge back with a 2 way distribution block to 4 gauge wire, one going to one of the amps listed above and the other going to my 4 channel JL amp. Will 4 gauge wire be enough for one of these mono-block amps?

I would like to get some opinions about wiring a sub at 1 ohm vs 2 ohm. I know there is better SQ at 2 ohms, but Ive heard that you cant notice it at the lower frequencies.

Possible setups:

SSD 12: Cooling upgrade and (Flatwind coil?) running at 1200 rms @ 2ohm with the Hifonics amp

Q 12: maybe cooling upgrade and could either run the Hifonics amp or Quarts amp @ 1 ohm. Or if there is a noticeable difference between 1 and 2 ohm, 1200 rms @ 2 ohm with the Hifonics amp (Don't think ill need the cooling upgrade).

BL 12: On the site the specs for 1 ohm coils are 1000rms while 2 ohm coils are 1500rms. I could get the 2 ohm coils wired to 1 ohm with either amp. Or get the 1 ohm coil wired at 2 ohms and get the cooling upgrade and do 1200 at 2 ohms with the Hifonics.

I am upgrading from 2 kicker cvrs 12 and would like the bass to be loud but still sound clean. I mostly listen to Dubstep, Rap, Rock, and some Metal so i would love to get the lows but still have some highs.

Sorry for the long post, but am eager to see what you guys have to say. If you need any more information let me know.

Sounds like you need the mb quart and the bl. You'll be banging then man!!!! Yea and FI is ummmmmmmmm......

How can I put this

Gonna dominate over the cvrs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't picked what frequency i wanted to tune my box to yet. The specs say that tuning to 33hz is optimal, do you have any say on that?

Any reason why you chose the BL over the others?

Edited by KampinKarl