Ok guys, here are my parameters:

- My sister, brother-in-law and I are pitching into get a little TV for my mother to use in the kitchen when she is cooking or doing projects

- My mother wants us to keep the budget under $200 as she is not really kicking-back to watch movies with it

- She would prefer a flat screen around 19"

- I don't want to buy a junker from Walmart

So I am putting this out there to see if anyone knows of a better deal on line. Newegg has a few options, but wanted to use the power of the forum base to see if I can find better.

Thanks guys.

:)

Bestbuys brand dynex is not a bad choice. I have had a few friends buy them for extra Tvs. If she doesn't using it for a main tv i think they are a great value. Last time my I checked you could get a 32" for 229. So a 19" would be way under 200. I just bought a 19" Philips led tv for $200 at target on sale. You should be able to find something local easily.

If you can find a Sony KDL22BX320 .. They are amazing....

Walmart has brand names.

I always suggest going into a store to compare them as what one person may like may not be what another person likes. When looking at TVs I have found that it is amazing the difference some people can see and others may never notice. I would just suggest sticking to major brands such as sony, samsung, vizio, and panasonic. There are a couple of Samsungs I saw with a quick look through Walmarts website that were 200 or less.

I always suggest going into a store to compare them as what one person may like may not be what another person likes. When looking at TVs I have found that it is amazing the difference some people can see and others may never notice. I would just suggest sticking to major brands such as sony, samsung, vizio, and panasonic. There are a couple of Samsungs I saw with a quick look through Walmarts website that were 200 or less.

Vizio may make alot of TVs but they are in no way a major brand... They weaseled themselves into the market and I have yet to like one of their TVs

Vizio may make alot of TVs but they are in no way a major brand... They weaseled themselves into the market and I have yet to like one of their TVs

You're crazy then Danny. Vizio has great price vs performance. It was different 5 years ago but they have come along way.

They may have been a very poor quality brand for years but over the last two years they have definitely started to make a better name for themselves and have put out TVs that compete with the major brands.

^^^He beat me to it

Edited by Miller

Thanks for the suggestions so far guys, I will try to hit a local spot first as it could save a few bucks on shipping. :)

Vizio is actually the sony in more of a metro marketing style. Kinda like whirlpool and amana. Many companies do this becuase people sometimes pay for the name but at the same time they wont pay for the name so lets may a little cheaper tv and slap a different logo and SHABAM now they got that business as well..... but I do agree I havent found a vizio that satisified my taste. I would agree with Deyoung in a few posts back with the best buy Dynex.... they are the offbrand of samsung and I love Samsung televizions. I got my 15" for my van for like 103 taxed out the door so you should be able to get the 19" for around 160.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung+-+19%22+Class+/+720p+/+60Hz+/+LCD+HDTV/2127461.p?id=1218310410811&skuId=2127461 I have the 50" version of this tv and I LOVE IT!

I always heard people going on and on about HD and how awesome it is. When I finally checked it out for myself, I found it to be too bright for my liking. It was almost painful to watch.

bleh... I've not been impressed with quality, but I guess if all you need or care for is HD capability and not overall image quality then Vizio isn't fcking horrible.. I've been in TV/Computer industry now 8yrs and I've followed them along with Panasonic and Samsung, Sony obviously because I work for them... They all have their positives ... I think Vizio only really has price going for them, I'd put Polaroid on their level... lol

I always heard people going on and on about HD and how awesome it is. When I finally checked it out for myself, I found it to be too bright for my liking. It was almost painful to watch.

you can always turn the brightness down..., did you at least notice the tremendous difference in clarity over SD?

While the topic is hot, any thoughts on this guy: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889104154

you can always turn the brightness down..., did you at least notice the tremendous difference in clarity over SD?

Yes, I did notice how clear and sharp everything was. I've never been one to really mess much with brightness, color, etc. To me it's just not worth it to pay the extra for HD channels. :ughdunno:

19 inches in the kitchen is perfect...

That's what she said

I know it may not be 19" but if anyone else is looking....best buy will have a 42" sharp 1080p tv for 200 bucks on black friday.

19 inches in the kitchen is perfect...

That's what she said

:attempt:

While the topic is hot, any thoughts on this guy: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889104154

Along the lines of what I bought recently. Price looks great. I wouldnt hesitate to buy it, especially with free shipping.

Thanks, I just pulled the trigger. Thanks for the help guys!!!

Bestbuys brand dynex is not a bad choice. I have had a few friends buy them for extra Tvs. If she doesn't using it for a main tv i think they are a great value. Last time my I checked you could get a 32" for 229. So a 19" would be way under 200. I just bought a 19" Philips led tv for $200 at target on sale. You should be able to find something local easily.

I bought a BB branded TV about 3-4 years ago and I still to this day love it.