Sign in to follow this  
tuna

Hi all and Happy Black Friday!

New to the forums and back into researching car audio. Happy Black Friday everyone hope y'all save some good money, I know I did. Just purchased a loaded Fi Q 12. Had to start researching about subs again because my old sub finally died. Was an Audiobahn AWT12X tuned to 30hz. Bought in 2001, finally died in 2011 earlier this year. Bought a few subs after that but just wasn't happy with any of them the way I was with the AWT12X, it was a monster sub that lasted a looooooong time and definitely got my $'s worth. I know this Fi Q tuned to 32hz will be just like it or better!

2001 - Audiobahn AWT12X @ 30hz (died 2011 punishing lows when I used to listen to a lot of Screw)

2011 - Pioneer TS-W3002D2 @ 33hz (died after a month, my fault, just wasn't enough sub for me)

2011 - Kicker Solo-Baric 08S12L72 sealed @ 2.0'^3 (bought from a friend, sounded good sealed, good low lows but not loud enough. Stinks when I pushed it too hard. Sold it back off)

2011 - Kicker Solo Classic 09S15C4 x2 sealed @ 1.25'^3 (currently in my trunk. Very peaky around 60hz-80hz even stuffed with polyfil. Have to set LP @ 50hz just to make it sound flat, not the sound I want)

The Fi Q 12 looks to be the best replacement for the AWT12X, hopefully will last as long too! Anyways that's my intro for now, happy shopping!

You'll enjoy that Q I'm sure!! :D

Welcome to SSA!

Welcome

welcome sir!!!

Welcome to SSA! I think you made a good choice and will be very happy with the Q.

Welcome to ssa. That Q is a great sub. :fing34:

:WELCOME: