MikeMartel

PSI... Mixed Signals..

Iv basically heard two opposite ends of the spectrum on this one, Iv seen multiple posts saying that PSI is awful, and then many post saying that PSI is great. Im terribly confused. If you have some experience with PSI or PSI recones id like to get the actual answer just in case I end up dealing with them sometime in the future.

Follow you instincts. Contact the guy and go over what you want done. If you have a funny feeling after contacting him, then there is your answer. If you come to an agreement for services with him and you don't get what was specified then you know for sure. Not exactly reassuring, I know, but that's life. Even the best fall on their face. Here is a little something extra for the road. Consumers who don't know exactly what they want done are the ones most likely to be disappointed. Good luck.

Im not sure ill be able to base the quality of his products just by talking to him? Iv just heard from a heard that the soft parts are great, and some people saying the soft parts are terrible.

-Thanks for the help though. :)

Edited by MikeMartel

Indeed there are MUCH better soft parts out there, personally I wouldn't buy his soft parts unless I absolutely had to (which in same cases may happen).

If he has what you need and you can't find any other people/companies who will provide a recone kit then go for it.

David of PSI is notorious for throwing some extra stuff in there and saying "Well it was rated at 600 watts but now it'll handle 2k".

If you contact Nick at Fi Car Audio he may have the soft parts for the particular woofer.

Bassahaulic on here will tell you first hand that David's soft parts are terrible and his personally sagged within a month or so.

Fi is a reputable choice.

some reasons are personal

and some reasons are from soft parts.

you would have to read ALOT to make your own choice.

FI does provide soft parts for a range of woofers.

Psi soft parts suck!

Fi ftw!

I purchased two 18" re-cones for my RE MT's. Paid a little over $300 for the "SPL" spiders and extended coil.

Put them in, nice and stiff. For about 2 weeks. They started loosening up very quickly for only 1,500w per woofer. Within 3 months they were so soft I coils bottom them out by pushing on them.

I also kept breaking dust caps, because the ones he gave me where to thin for MT's. And he knew this.

So. In short. PSi is garbage. Do not buy from them.

Ok cool. I already know about Fi's awesomeness in all aspects including recones, but thanks everyone for the info! Knowledge is power. ;D

If anybody remembers David from the RE days, you'll know how much of a asshole he was to possible customers.

He's got a IDGAF attitude, and it shows.

I have never had any issues with David. He has always treated me good. He has built me several subs that are still working perfect. I have dealt with him for about 7-8 years now.

I was speaking to a mutual friend this morning (of David and I). He has been to PSI, says he was very impressed and said David has his shit together. My 2 cents, for what it's worth...

I have never had any issues with David. He has always treated me good. He has built me several subs that are still working perfect. I have dealt with him for about 7-8 years now.

I was speaking to a mutual friend this morning (of David and I). He has been to PSI, says he was very impressed and said David has his shit together. My 2 cents, for what it's worth...

Having his "shit together" doesn't mean he's parts and ect are up to par. (Even though I can't say first hand or would really think he would use such bad parts that was really subpar compared to other companies.)

I'm just saying.