Sign in to follow this  
Altimagoesbang

Truck setup help

I have a 2011 extended cab chevy silverado and plan on taking out the back seats and doing a box and keeping it under the back window and was wondering what the best setup would be. I will be running around 2-3k watts havent decided on amp yet but that will be the power range. My main questions are what will be best to do 4 15s or 8 12s or one 18 and also which way to fire the subs and the port. Any input or suggestions would be great thanks!

If you're wanting to do 4 15's I doubt you're going to have enough space for the needed volume.

I have a 17 cube box (walled), quadruple front baffle and with having room for batteries and amps, it's real tight in there.

I have a 2011 extended cab chevy silverado and plan on taking out the back seats and doing a box and keeping it under the back window and was wondering what the best setup would be. I will be running around 2-3k watts havent decided on amp yet but that will be the power range. My main questions are what will be best to do 4 15s or 8 12s or one 18 and also which way to fire the subs and the port. Any input or suggestions would be great thanks!

8 12s is a LOT different than one 18... If you're looking to keep the box below window level you're not gonna have a ton of room to work with after batteries, amplifiers, and room for wiring (and any other small thing you may run into).

Subs up. Port side. and sometimes less is more when it comes to cone surface area.

Wasn't this already asked on CACO?

He probably wants more than one forum's opinion, no problem with that since Im not on caco.com .

lol 8 12s or 1 18.

Subs up. Port side. and sometimes less is more when it comes to cone surface area.

So that's the best sub/port layout for a truck? Ever? Sweet.

So that's the best sub/port layout for a truck? Ever? Sweet.

not for any truck, no. for his truck, thats where I would start. silverados/sierras in my experience love this.