An-i-no

16 cubes to play with...going SSA...

I have 16.72274606 cubic feet available (calculator copy/paste ftw). I want new subs.

I can do 4 15" Dcons sealed...Idk about ported.

I could squeeze 2 18" Icons ported, or easily seal them.

I could port an 18" Xcon.

Mainly I'm wondering how much I lose by going sealed. So Dcons or Icons do well sealed? Throw some ideas out there!

DCON's perform much better ported than sealed.

I have a DCON 10" and although it performs great in a sealed box, it really comes to life in ported enclosure. I would recommend a ported enclosure for the DCON and all SSA drivers.

oh.. nevermind now..

If you had 16.8cubes, i had a WHOLE design laid out for ya.. but 16.72274606 isn't gonna work....

oh.. nevermind now..

If you had 16.8cubes, i had a WHOLE design laid out for ya.. but 16.72274606 isn't gonna work....

:roflmao:

oh.. nevermind now..

I could always go a few inches above the back seat...

i take it this is not a wall.. is this in an suv?

98 explorer, no wall. Would you be willing to design me something?

u would be extremely fortunate if i do.

find your destiny, my apprentice, and pm me the goal and i shall use the force to complete thy path.

Exploders get silly loud. :peepwall:

Pictures of truck. What amps? What system goals? Budget?

oh.. nevermind now..

:roflmao:

u would be extremely fortunate if i do.

find your destiny, my apprentice, and pm me the goal and i shall use the force to complete thy path.

Cool. I want a blue 'saber though.

Exploders get silly loud. :peepwall:

Pictures of truck. What amps? What system goals? Budget?

Uhh...she's nothin special so I don't really have any pics. I'm shooting for efficiency, trying to be as loud as I possibly can without doing major electrical work and using a giant amp. I have an Audiopipe AQX-1800.1 to run the subs with. Best amp I've ever owned.

I'm thinking 3 15" Icons...

The cargo area has plastic where the wheel wells are so the box will have to be designed around that.

My dimensions are...

Depth - 37 inches

Width - 47 inches top, 37 inches bottom

Height, - 18 inches total. The bottom 6.5 inches have to be offset 5 inches on each side (hence the 37 inch bottom width), and then it can be the full 47 inch width for the top 11.5 inches.

If anyone wants to make magic happen then go for it!

You could put the Icon 18 in 6.5 cubes per.

You could do so much with that space. First thing that comes to my mind is two 18" icons ported, or even xcons. Save some space and go sealed. If you are choosing between the dcon and icon sealed, the icon does so much better.

OP, did you ever come up with a decision?

Interested see as I'm in the same boat.

Do you have a budget in mind for the new driver/s?

Denims right. What is your goal? SPL or SQ? Whats your budget? And dont go with three subs. Its a waste of a sub, space, wood, and power, You wouldnt hear any difference wid 3 subs. It would be the same as 2 (Its also less efficient) & maybe just a 1.5db increase. So either go with 2 or 4. If you want SPL go ported. But if your tight on space and just want SQ, and good deep tight bass go sealed. I PREFER ported. If you want Dcons sealed do 13cuft, Ported 16cuft tuned from 28-33hz.

ICONS: 10cuft sealed. PORTED: 13cuft. tuned from 29-33hz.

XCON: 5.5cuft sealed. PORTED: 6.5-7.75cuft tuned from 27-34hz.

Those are options (Hope u like). Whatever setup u get will be loud! Should be in early-mid 140's easily :woot:

P.S: If money aint shit. Get ZCONS!! :morepower1::woot: Whatever you chose I wish you the best of luck! :fing34:

Edited by Randy.D

How soon are you looking to do this? I ask because I'm in the process of purchasing 4-Dcon 15's in a 17cu net encl. tuned to 33hz being powered by 2k for my Suburban. I'm probably a month away but those are the finalized plans for now :peepwall: LOL!! I could give you a 1st hand review with basically the same setup.

The big 3 and either a large battery in front or a secondary battery would be sufficient to run this particular setup in my opinion. This is why I'm going this route myself since money is an issue at the moment. Hope my input helps just a little and doesn't confuse you with your options.

Denims right. What is your goal? SPL or SQ? Whats your budget? And dont go with three subs. Its a waste of a sub, space, wood, and power, You wouldnt hear any difference wid 3 subs. It would be the same as 2 (Its also less efficient) & maybe just a 1.5db increase. So either go with 2 or 4. If you want SPL go ported. But if your tight on space and just want SQ, and good deep tight bass go sealed. I PREFER ported. If you want Dcons sealed do 13cuft, Ported 16cuft tuned from 28-33hz.

ICONS: 10cuft sealed. PORTED: 13cuft. tuned from 29-33hz.

XCON: 5.5cuft sealed. PORTED: 6.5-7.75cuft tuned from 27-34hz.

Those are options (Hope u like). Whatever setup u get will be loud! Should be in early-mid 140's easily :woot:

P.S: If money aint shit. Get ZCONS!! :morepower1::woot: Whatever you chose I wish you the best of luck! :fing34:

i often have pondered this thought, curious if i went three 18"s sealed instead of two 18" ported, what would the differance equal? i have now real experiance that would suggest any info, i have often leaned on the additional cone area would increase the pressure......yet, no real world info to back it up, yet :-)

glwb and post up pics!

If your considering using 16cubes for an enclosure, it's not SQ based.

Ported, fit as much cone area as you can with the adequate amount of volume per driver. You can use winisd to get an idea of which drivers and their quantity will perform in the enclosure verse another set of drivers and that quantity.

xcongraph.jpg

Of course other factors come into play.