Sign in to follow this  
weedman

Help with amp options

Hey guys I'm upgrading my system and I'm buying a 12" Fi SSD. I have been researching amps but I'm not sure what to buy. I don't want to break the bank with this amp. What amp have would you guys recommend? By the way I need to be able to fit 0 gauge in it.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Hey guys I'm upgrading my system and I'm buying a 12" Fi SSD. I have been researching amps but I'm not sure what to buy. I don't want to break the bank with this amp. What amp have would you guys recommend? By the way I need to be able to fit 0 gauge in it.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Check out Db-r, good customer service, good prices, and a good product. Don't worry about buying the refurbished ones, they still come with a 1 year warranty.

I think he's got a couple SAX - 1200's up there.

Welcome to SSA :)

Edited by Freshh

What is your budget what voice coil option is the subwoofer?

^^ I bought a SAX 1200d from db-r and it is amazing no issues whatsoever from the amp and db-r's customer service is awesome

here are three choices, dont know your budget so I give some options....

higher end >>> Sundown Audio SAX-1200D ampflier

mid level >>> Audioque AQ1200D Amplifier

lower end >>> look into a Hifonics 1000, 1200 or 1500 D amp

Check out Db-r, good customer service, good prices, and a good product. Don't worry about buying the refurbished ones, they still come with a 1 year warranty.

thanks, I really like that amp it looks like a steal! But can I fit 0 gauge wire in it?

If at all possible I would like to keep it under $300, I haven't ordered the sub yet but I was thinking dual 2ohm.

thanks, I really like that amp it looks like a steal! But can I fit 0 gauge wire in it?

If at all possible I would like to keep it under $300, I haven't ordered the sub yet but I was thinking dual 2ohm.

I'm not sure if every part of the 0 guage wire would fit in it, but I know there are pieces you can buy that make that 4 guage (terminal?) a 0 guage one. It's just a little add on piece that fits in it.

EDIT: Thanks to him ^^^^^ here is what I was talking about:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sound-Quest-Power-Wire-Reducer-0-4-Gauge-PAC104S-/310310108836?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item483fec7ea4

Edited by Freshh

IIRC sundown is selling alot of bstock