bassahaulic

Senseless audio ramblings.........

Companies who under rate their equipment such a drastic amount, then have everyone believe they are "magic" subs or amps. Some how producing/handling way more power then their RMS say they can.

Do you not see what is going on? The woofer isn't "badass" because it's rated "600rms" but you magically put 1,000rms-1,500rms on it without it dying.

Guess what? It's not a "600" watt sub. It's a 1,000-1,500w sub rated at 600wrms to make the stupid people think it's the best thing since sliced bread. And guess what? It works..... :suicide-santa:

Same thing goes for amps. If you have a "2000" amp. But EVERYONE who tests it gets 2500+ out of it. Guess what, It's not a mega powerful 2000w amps that's magic. It's a 2500w rated at 2000. Just to impress the idiots.

WHICH LEADS ME TO ANOTHER THING!!!!

There are, different kinds of watts. 3000watts from one amp can be COMPLETELY different the 3000w from another amp. Sigh. I guess I'm done.

Please good sir, let out the frustration a lot of people have been feeling. i +1 you on that

btw, if its sarcastic, sorry. its 4:00am and i just finished writing a 10 page paper and 5 page speech on said paper. i'm going lights out now

Please good sir, let out the frustration a lot of people have been feeling. i +1 you on that

btw, if its sarcastic, sorry. its 4:00am and i just finished writing a 10 page paper and 5 page speech on said paper. i'm going lights out now

Good day sir. :)

I think you have figured out everyone's strategy. :peepwall:

I DO see your point though.

I'd hardly call it everyone's strategy.

But a larger number of companies do this.

I'd hardly call it everyone's strategy.

But a larger number of companies do this.

I should not have said "everyone" and I do see your point, but it is marketing. In this business if you have a youtube video with your sub taking 2x its "rated" power you will sell subs.

Same goes for amps doing more than rated power.

Its just stupid. Bothers the shit out of me.

Its just stupid. Bothers the shit out of me.

I agree it is just like people buying stuff because it "looks" loud on youtube. I still can't grasp how people can justify buying gear because of a youtube video, but that is just the way it works.

I think I read somewhere that sometimes companies will say things like that to stay on the safer side of things.

Every situation is different and many factors play into what someone can get from a piece of equipment.

I think I read somewhere that sometimes companies will say things like that to stay on the safer side of things.

Every situation is different and many factors play into what someone can get from a piece of equipment.

I definitely see your point as well. If they rated it at a true un clipped 600 rms and someone puts a 600 rms amp with clipping to the sub and blows it, they are going to complain about it.

Clipping won't blow it, clipping blows nothing. Overpowering does.

Correct, over powering due to clipping is what I meant.

The ignorance over at SM D is simply amazing. Wow.

100V x 20A = 2000w is very different then 20V x 100A = 2000w.

That's not hard to get is it?

You are talking about SMD. What do you expect? I agree with things you are saying. That's why I stay away from these overhyped companies.

I tend to take most of what I read over there as drivel. Most can't make coherent post about anything because some companies nuts are jammed deep in their mouths.

What you forgot to mention is price...which is the real key.

It's not about being "Underrated" per se...but more about feeling like you got more than you paid for. If a 600wrms woofer costs...we'll say ~175 on average and you pay that but get a woofer that will safely handle 1000wrms then guess what, that's awesome. If a company is willing to sell their 1000wrms sub for the price of a 600wrms sub then is it really them being "misleading" to get sales?

The same goes with amplifiers too. People rip on Audiopipe because there has to be a negative right? It can't POSSIBLY be that cheap, that easy to get, and still make the power it claims to make right? Obviously it's a cheaply built distortion machine? But take a Sundown or JL amp that costs buku. They're solidly engineered, extensively tested, and come with excellent customer service and product guarantees right? (Not to say that they aren't but most people who say that have no fvcking clue what they're talking about. People say amps are "SQ amps" and "SPL" amps but what the bat shit does that mean? That SPL amps have higher distortion levels? How do you know?)

That's bullshit. I call Jackie at Audiopipe and she trades my busted amp for a new one no problems. Or she sends me the part I need and I pay shipping (real life experience btw). What customer service is better than that?

When you sell stuff for very cheap, people will say it's crap, assume it's crap, and swear that it's crap. If you saw a new company you had never heard of and they had a sub rated for 2k with a price of $199.99 shipped would you buy it? Everybody says it's great and the company is great (and of course they're nuthuggers right? Cuz they like what they bought and reccommend it to anyone that asks?) would you get it? Most people won't. They like to feel like they spent money on something awesome and they'll spend a lot more in most cases for that security.

Got damn that shit is long.

Half truth. Clipping dramatically increases the average power which blows stuff.

It's like saying texting while driving kills people. That sentence in itself is dumb as a mofo. What, is your cell phone gonna explode in your face? No Car crashes kill people BUT texting causes the driver to be distracted which causes car crashes...you see where I'm going with this. A leads to B, B leads to C,therefore A leads to C. Sure there is a point in there that isn't absolute. Not all texting drivers have wrecks, and not all clipping amps blw subwoofers...but it's still no bueno.

If whoever you're talking to doesn't understand that "Clipping increases the power blah blah" then they see "Clipping won't blow it, clipping blows nothing" then they think "well my amp is clipping but clipping doesn't blow anything so it's just fine" and them poof, bye bye sub. Not saying that you're wrong, cuz you aren't, but you say that a lot without explaining anything...which defeats the purpose of saying it.

Edited by An-i-no

If most people knew the Dist. pricing on outsourced products they would be shocked.

I know from personal information when RD was big the owner was paying a few thousand dollars for a PALLET of the D9 amps and was selling them at exuberant prices.

People associate price with wattage..

maybe ~10-15 years ago that was absolutely true but now a days amplifiers from Korea, China, Japan, Etc make it so cheap to own any form of car audio.

Same goes for some other companies who I'd rather not specify..

And this doesn't leave out battery suppliers, etc.

Half truth. Clipping dramatically increases the average power which blows stuff.

It's like saying texting while driving kills people. That sentence in itself is dumb as a mofo. What, is your cell phone gonna explode in your face? No Car crashes kill people BUT texting causes the driver to be distracted which causes car crashes...you see where I'm going with this. A leads to B, B leads to C,therefore A leads to C. Sure there is a point in there that isn't absolute. Not all texting drivers have wrecks, and not all clipping amps blw subwoofers...but it's still no bueno.

If whoever you're talking to doesn't understand that "Clipping increases the power blah blah" then they see "Clipping won't blow it, clipping blows nothing" then they think "well my amp is clipping but clipping doesn't blow anything so it's just fine" and them poof, bye bye sub. Not saying that you're wrong, cuz you aren't, but you say that a lot without explaining anything...which defeats the purpose of saying it.

You aren't quite getting what Duran was saying, You could clip the shit out of a 100w signal (average sine vs square wave is about 1.5x) on a 300w woofer and you would be well within the limits.

CLIPPING doesn't kill it over power kills it.

If most people knew the Dist. pricing on outsourced products they would be shocked.

I know from personal information when RD was big the owner was paying a few thousand dollars for a PALLET of the D9 amps and was selling them at exuberant prices.

maybe ~10-15 years ago that was absolutely true but now a days amplifiers from Korea, China, Japan, Etc make it so cheap to own any form of car audio.

Did that few thousand a pallet include the boat ride over here? Or the rent for your headquaters, cost of business operations, taxes, etc...

I work in fast food, we sell tacos that cost about 20 cents to make for 1.29 plus tax. But all that markup goes somewere.

PS. Fvck RD. I'm not defending them in any way. There's all kinds of reasons that stuff costs what it costs, most of it to keep the business...in business. Nobody's getting rich off of Amps lol

You aren't quite getting what Duran was saying, You could clip the shit out of a 100w signal (average sine vs square wave is about 1.5x) on a 300w woofer and you would be well within the limits.

CLIPPING doesn't kill it over power kills it.

But that's an extreme case where the woofer can handle 3x the power of the amplifier it's paired with. Everybody these days wants it the other way around for some reason? A. = Clipping, which causes B. overpowering, overpowering causes C. the death of the sub. A to B, B to C. C cannot come about without B, which cannot come about without A.

You must text while you drive...lol

Edited by An-i-no

Dramatically...not really. Please read: http://www.forceaudio.com/featured-articles/the-clipping-effect-test/

Everyone that uses a class D amp are sending clipped signals to their speakers. When an analog signal which is infinite in value,Changes by a digital processor to a digital signal which is finate(ie, on or off like computer code) it is by definition clipped.

Did that few thousand a pallet include the boat ride over here? Or the rent for your headquaters, cost of business operations, taxes, etc...

I work in fast food, we sell tacos that cost about 20 cents to make for 1.29 plus tax. But all that markup goes somewere.

PS. Fvck RD. I'm not defending them in any way. There's all kinds of reasons that stuff costs what it costs, most of it to keep the business...in business. Nobody's getting rich off of Amps lol

I could disagree on that statement. However that was indeed a shipped price from Korea to the US, I don't know the entirety of everything... but you get what I'm saying.

so you dont think that clipping causes heat thus causing glue failure en-turn causing speaker failure ?