night_con

2 IA DeathRow on Single enclosue

hey guys,

I'm in a project, i got 2 IA deathrow 12" , I was planning to build a box for the 2 subs in a single common chambered box?

can the box handle it? the box will be slot port on 38 htz.

any suggestion? TIA

Of course it will if you build it properly. :WELCOME: to the forum

thank you for the replies, by the i'm gonna install it in a trunk..

any suggestion for the enclosure? how big in cubic ft.?

gonna power it with soundstream trx 2000d, it will be drop @ 2ohms.

will it make a big difference to my existing 1 IA DR? my current reading is 139 db. powered by DC Audio 1000

Loud daily only sir,

Does anyone here, have tried to this setup on a trunk sedan? Hope you got some pictures. Tia

here you go buddy, let me know if you need help

IMG_1904.jpg

Thank you for the pics sir, Nice gears.

if you don't mind sir, what model is your subs? and how many cubic ft. is your enclosure?

Dont sir me bro, ur likely older then me.

Subs are loaded fi bl 12's box is around 4.3cbf after displacement tuned to roughly 32hz. Perfect for loud daily

thanks bro, by the this is my current enclosure

IMG_1767.jpg

tune 38hz 3.5cbft..

Looks real good, but i recon its too big assuming its a 12; and tuned too high for daily. Might be about the right siZe if its the external dimentions incl the port.

But to each his own.

if you don't mind bro, how wide is your front port? and will 1" thick MDF will do? Thank you for the info..

Cant remember to be honest. I could pull up someting over the wknd if you want but you will have to let me know your max dimentions and how much power ur running to those subs. I used .75" mdf but 1" is better. Do good bracing and you should be fine. Double baffle highly recommended.

Gonna measure my trunk tomorow, gonna use Soundstream trx200d, do think it can handle 2 IaDr drop @2 ohms? Tia

You mean your subs will be wired to two ohms? From what i know about the subs are that they are rated at 1k rms each. Not sure about that amp and if it will do 2k rms at 2ohms as most ps are rated at 1ohm. If that is the case they will be getting half their rated power. It also depends on what coil options you have on your subs. Have you purchased the drivers yet?

Yup got the drivers already, both subs are dual 2 ohms, will drop each subs to 1 ohm , then combine the two subs to get an output of 2 ohms

i have a single dr 12 running at about 700watts. under powering is not bad if thats what your asking?

i have a single dr 12 running at about 700watts. under powering is not bad if thats what your asking?

Ur right but it does matter when trying to build a optimal box