Sign in to follow this  
05Trailblazer

what a surprise from mechman!!!!!!!!&#

so im here at work and i see the UPS truck come by(in my head im like man i wish that was mt HO aLT) so the UPS guy comes in and i see this big box im like well what is that. at this point im going towards the box as my co-worker signs the machine they scan the boxes. i ask her whos is that for shes like YOU!! im like quit playing! and sure enough it was for me ANd my HO ALT!! so exicted i want to go home and install it already!!

IMG097.jpg

IMG098.jpg

IMG099.jpg

There you go! Looking good.

IMG097.jpg

IMG098.jpg

IMG099.jpg

nice!!! why does your alternator have more copper than mine??? I think they got powder coat on mine??? maybe

IMG097.jpg

IMG098.jpg

IMG099.jpg

nice!!! why does your alternator have more copper than mine??? I think they got powder coat on mine??? maybe

i have no clue man but im very excited about this ALT! and yea maybe it did get powder coat on yours. what vehicle you have?

:wavey5::wavey5: anybody want to lend a hand?!?

If you were in michigan i would happily help you out. alt looks great.

thanks man! lol i wish i was up there in michigan

thanks man! lol i wish i was up there in michigan

DSC00955_powder_satur.jpg

It's for a 2003 Toyota Camry

DSC00955_powder_satur.jpg

It's for a 2003 Toyota Camry

i see! how well does your perform? my lights dont dim out any more which is very nice!!

I may be wrong but the actual winding pattern is different. Yours also has a good amount of copper in it, it's just layed against itself rather than "S" wound. I figure they can get more output in a smaller case keeping the "O.E." fitment than bumping up to a larger case.

I may be entirely wrong but maybe someone with knowledge will explain it better.

Badass Alt OP!!!!! :dancing:

I may be wrong but the actual winding pattern is different. Yours also has a good amount of copper in it, it's just layed against itself rather than "S" wound. I figure they can get more output in a smaller case keeping the "O.E." fitment than bumping up to a larger case.

I may be entirely wrong but maybe someone with knowledge will explain it better.

Badass Alt OP!!!!! :dancing:

yea its definetly keeping up with the demand my lights dont dim out and i stay around 13v n 14v im upgrading to bigger amp so will see how it would do after making that change. and about almost the same size as the O E alt what your saying about they putting more output while keeping it almost the same size is true then thats great i would have to clamp it to see how many amps im getting out of it(not doubting mechman) but yea he should chime in and explain to us the facts

We use a high output stator with our high output rotor to build these units. With the right components there is no need to go with a larger case, in fact we build some units that are physically 20% smaller and put out more power. It's all in the design.

We use a high output stator with our high output rotor to build these units. With the right components there is no need to go with a larger case, in fact we build some units that are physically 20% smaller and put out more power. It's all in the design.

i definetly got a good deal!! works fine and well! glad it fitted real good! at first my rpm was below 500-700 but because i needed to upgade the belt so after doing that my rmp went back to normal 800-1000 nice HO aLT here!

Good to hear yours is working out great.. I bought a new belt at the same time as the alternator to eliminate having issues with the old one(kind of think it needed to be replaced anyway)

I'm still suffering at idle speeds though... What voltage are you seeing at idle Trail?

mine is seeing from 14+ almost did 15 at 2500rpms but i do have a stock battery to the front and a kinetik to the back but its been a good decision buying it lights dont dim out no more and now i just need a bigger amp!! hows your doing at idle??