dbeez

wtf? dc power

What does it matter they moved?

Say you had a thread on here between dc and your order, and all of a sudden poof, it's gone.

Obviously one can just go over to smd, register, and start a new thread about their order / issue, but I'm sure it worried people at first when they came on SSA and all of a sudden dc power is gone and there going "what just happened to my order? Did I get scammed? What's the status? Wtf just happened?"

Their section has not been deleted, it was simply put in the Archives..

I've had no problems with DC, as someone once said awhile back.. "You'll hear about 1 mistake but you will never hear about the 100 success stories".

What does it matter they moved?

Say you had a thread on here between dc and your order, and all of a sudden poof, it's gone.

Obviously one can just go over to smd, register, and start a new thread about their order / issue, but I'm sure it worried people at first when they came on SSA and all of a sudden dc power is gone and there going "what just happened to my order? Did I get scammed? What's the status? Wtf just happened?"

Their section has not been deleted, it was simply put in the Archives..

I've had no problems with DC, as someone once said awhile back.. "You'll hear about 1 mistake but you will never hear about the 100 success stories".

See Post #3 :lol:

i guess i was lucky because i had my alt after a week i ordered it with no hitches

Ok, I am officially an idiot.... I SWORE this was for a Ford application, not a GM... So, I had the Ford frames sitting in my office, and Kyle kindly pointed out to me that this was for a GM, not a Ford.. So, long story short while I don't have a blue anodized frame for the GM, I do have a metallic blue powdercoated set of frames for this.. If that will work for you I will get it built and shipped today. If however you want a blue anodized frame, I am going to the anodizers today and can get a frame done in blue for you. Personally, I would take the powdercoated set because I think in *this color* they look better, but I will leave that decision up to you.. Had I not had this confused I would have had this built last week... I really apologize for the mix-up, totally my fault for confusing 2 customers both waiting for 390XP's, and the other customer just happens to drive an '04 F150, and I got that mixed up with your username.. My stupid mistake for sure... Rob

Spamming number in 3.....2.....1.....

What a waste of forum space, an email or call could of sufficed. :suicide-santa:

I purchased a DC Power alt about 3-4 years ago...received the alt, installed it, to find that the pulley did not fit with my factory belt even if the belt was tensioned 100%. Called DC with no reply for 4 months. Finally someone got back to me with a phone call, they said to buy a smaller belt. I looked everywhere for a smaller belt for my vehicle, couldnt find 1 smaller than I had. Called DC back and explained to them my situation, and how this alternator was supposed to be a "direct bolt-on" and I was reassured that it was a "direct bolt-on" before I purchased it. After 1-2 phone calls toa nd from DC, I never heard back. Since that day I've been driving with an upgraded alt and a factory pulley since the only belt I could find that would fit on the pulley and not slip off as soon as the car turns on was $400 bucks because it was a custom made belt...

Like I said, this happened 3-4 years ago, never heard back from DC since about my issue.... I'll never do business with them, nor would I suggest them to anyone local ever again... no matter what forum their part of.

/Rant

Edited by bass_4_ever

I purchased a DC Power alt about 3-4 years ago...received the alt, installed it, to find that the pulley did not fit with my factory belt even if the belt was tensioned 100%. Called DC with no reply for 4 months. Finally someone got back to me with a phone call, they said to buy a smaller belt. I looked everywhere for a smaller belt for my vehicle, couldnt find 1 smaller than I had. Called DC back and explained to them my situation, and how this alternator was supposed to be a "direct bolt-on" and I was reassured that it was a "direct bolt-on" before I purchased it. After 1-2 phone calls toa nd from DC, I never heard back. Since that day I've been driving with an upgraded alt and a factory pulley since the only belt I could find that would fit on the pulley and not slip off as soon as the car turns on was $400 bucks because it was a custom made belt...

Like I said, this happened 3-4 years ago, never heard back from DC since about my issue.... I'll never do business with them, nor would I suggest them to anyone local ever again... no matter what forum their part of.

/Rant

And, another.

its sad too because none of this shit is made up... and i have seen these kind of stories around the net for years....

and for that reasons i HAVE NEVER even considered dc for my alternator needs.. not even in my highest drunkest thoughts but then when im flipping thru the channels and i see beiber boy can get his alt same day i laughed my ass off... i yelled and cussed at my tv watching them make an alt in 10 mins for a TV show.. but it takes them MONTHS of empty promises to get a hard working individual their alternator

i allways stay out of topics like this.. i read but try never to comment.

but this is a fucking joke. and now that they are not a contributor here.. fuckem. ill say how i feel.

My post is 100% honest, I don't have a reason to make up excuses or lies. What happened, happened. Could it have been solved? Yes. Was it? No.

I dropped 500+ bucks on my alternator to get screwed over and have the smallest inclanation of customer service. I had a few friends interested in purchasing new alternators over the years and I've always told them not to purchase DC Power alts because of what happened to me... That may be egotistical, however I would hate to brag about a brand that did absolutely nothing for me except take my money and send me a non-compatible product with 0 support.

I tried e-mails, phone calls, everything short of a written letter by post and got nowhere. Guess I'm not important enough to be treated as a customer...

My alt ships today overnight as long as that happens I am happy.

Please, do keep us informed on how it goes.

Hope it all works out for you...

Have fun with their customer service if anything happens...

its sad too because none of this shit is made up... and i have seen these kind of stories around the net for years....

and for that reasons i HAVE NEVER even considered dc for my alternator needs.. not even in my highest drunkest thoughts but then when im flipping thru the channels and i see beiber boy can get his alt same day i laughed my ass off... i yelled and cussed at my tv watching them make an alt in 10 mins for a TV show.. but it takes them MONTHS of empty promises to get a hard working individual their alternator

i allways stay out of topics like this.. i read but try never to comment.

but this is a fucking joke. and now that they are not a contributor here.. fuckem. ill say how i feel.

x2 and its a shame DC is the only company that makes an H/O Alt. for my vehicle and I refuse to buy one just from their customer service alone. I could care less if they do have the best alternators available for cars as the claim.

Got tracking info on it and I have an small issue with my personal sp270 I am getting a regulator shipped to me for free with the customers alt.

I will be writing a review on here as soon as I recieve mine. But if it goes as smooth as my last alt purchase I will be satisfied.

Mechman is a definite no go then.

You ain't lyin! Me and you both have had rounds with Matt before..

agreed... never helped me out, so why should I help him out... he wont ever see any alternators purchased by me or locals ever cuz DC Power's got a terrible rap here...

After thinking about it.. I think the person I was dealing with by phone was Rob... so he's probably reading this and laughing that he got my money. Sorry dude, its the last penny you'll ever see from me.

Dude I am talking about matt at mechman rob has been plenty helpful just slow building this one alt I have ordered many this one seemed to be a little issue did you try belts from other cars as they are all different lengths or did you just ask for all available lengths for your specific vehicle.

Sorry, misunderstood. Rob was never helpful in my case... took him 4 months to get back to me then never heard back again... basically said too bad, cant help you.

I did try other belts, problem is my belt is double sided and I tried the smallest available size for a serpentine belt for any car. It did not fit... even with the tensioner at 100%. The only smaller belt available was "special order - custom built". I was not ready to pay $400 for a custom belt because my "direct bolt-on" and "uses factory belt" alternator does not fit. From this, I was ignored by Rob... whether by phone or by e-mail... he never responded.