dbeez

wtf? dc power

2003 Golf 1.8t (and I'm in Canada) ... not so easy/cheap to get parts.... even according to Rob, I could not get a smaller belt.

Well luckily for you I have a. Inch of buddies that are into those cars big time let me ask them if they of anything

The issue came up 4 years ago, I sold the pulley to a buddy since I wasnt getting anywhere with Rob. There was no need for me to keep the pulley since it was useless. I never heard back from Rob or anyone at DC Power... waited about a year, then sold it.

I appreciate the help from you, Dbeeez, but Rob should've stood by his product instead of just leaving me in the dark like he did. I spent 500+ bucks on an alternator and got absolutely no help from him. His service proved to me that he's very unreliable and does not guarentee his product to work like he said he would. It took him 3-4 months to get back to me... thats unacceptable.

Edited by bass_4_ever

i purchased the 260 and it did bolt up, only thing was the pulley didn't fit with any belts. Not sure what happened... but Rob definately did not help me one bit to get the problem solved... just left me in the dark and didnt return any calls or emails.

As stated, I purchased the alt approx 4 years ago

I bought an alt. from Mechman ~10 years ago. Whoever I spoke to on the phone was very helpful, didn't try try to rush me off the phone.

I received my alt. quickly. This was for a 93 mustang cobra.

The morning after I installed the alt, a 1/2 mile from home on my way to work, the lights went dim. I pulled over, popped the hood and found the belt off and the alt. pulley cocked at an angle, nut was gone.

I do like to exercise the tach. needle.

I called Mechman later that day, explained the problem and it was taken care of quickly and at their cost. I would have expected no less.

I would not hesitate to do business with them again.

Edited by cobra93

If I buy another alternator in the future, I'll definately deal with anyone else other than DC Power.... proved very horrible customer service & a terrible attitude.

I have really only been hearing people that don't have GM's that have had problems.Is it because the main contract for DC is the Governement? I ordered 2 270xp alternators for my Avy on the 31 of October.They had to be powder coated and built so I expected them to take awhile.I got a personal message from Rob on here on the 22nd of November saying that they should be shipped out this week.So my finger are crossed that I get shipping info tomorrow so I can go ahead with my build.I have to say that I haven't had any problem getting in touch with them.Sometimes it takes them a day or 2 to respond but thats okay but never longer than 2 days.I have also called them on multiple occasions and if the first person doesnt answer I just hit up the other but I always get a hold of someone.So I guess my story will be the lone good one so far that was reported LoL

We been in constant contact just taken longer than expected but here we are next say shipping so we can get this thing done and the part to fix my low voltage issue on my sp270.

What does it matter they moved?

Say you had a thread on here between dc and your order, and all of a sudden poof, it's gone.

Obviously one can just go over to smd, register, and start a new thread about their order / issue, but I'm sure it worried people at first when they came on SSA and all of a sudden dc power is gone and there going "what just happened to my order? Did I get scammed? What's the status? Wtf just happened?"

Oh, but the big one is NOT gone.

Well I just got my shipping confirmation for my 2 alts.Should have them no later than 2 weeks.So time for some box building next week :woot::woot:

I've always found them to be very helpful and considerate, I've dealt with Kyle, Stan and Rob on several occasions and was pleased with the result each and every time. My DC Power 250a unit works fantastic, as does the DC Power 230pro we installed in my brother's car.

My alt ships today overnight as long as that happens I am happy.

Please, do keep us informed on how it goes.

So yeah, we finally got the infamous powdercoated blue 390 XP. It is sexy as hell. Wished we coulda got it closer to when I paid for it back in July. But, guess I'm one of the "bad luck" customers. and the hell with biebers car. lmao.

Dc has always been good to me. Great customer service and always willing to help even after the sale.

i purchased the 260 and it did bolt up, only thing was the pulley didn't fit with any belts. Not sure what happened... but Rob definately did not help me one bit to get the problem solved... just left me in the dark and didnt return any calls or emails.

As stated, I purchased the alt approx 4 years ago

As I don't know who you are by your forum name, I really don't know what to say.. There's only one reason I could think of that your situation ever would have or could have happened, and that was a LONG time ago.. The alternators we run on ALL VW's today run factory clutch pulleys PER APPLICATION to make sure this very thing doesn't happen. I vaguely remember running into one situation on a VW that I couldn't fix, but I cant remember specifically what happened. If it wasn't fixed at *that* time and I told you that, the ONLY reason I would have told you that was because there was NO way to fix it at *that* time.. That doesn't mean that we haven't figured out a fix for your situation. if your not happy about it, give us a chance to make it right.. Let me know if I can help..

So yeah, we finally got the infamous powdercoated blue 390 XP. It is sexy as hell. Wished we coulda got it closer to when I paid for it back in July. But, guess I'm one of the "bad luck" customers. and the hell with biebers car. lmao.

You would have if I could have paid attention to what I was *supposed* to be building.. I cant apologize enough for that..

I have really only been hearing people that don't have GM's that have had problems.Is it because the main contract for DC is the Governement? I ordered 2 270xp alternators for my Avy on the 31 of October.They had to be powder coated and built so I expected them to take awhile.I got a personal message from Rob on here on the 22nd of November saying that they should be shipped out this week.So my finger are crossed that I get shipping info tomorrow so I can go ahead with my build.I have to say that I haven't had any problem getting in touch with them.Sometimes it takes them a day or 2 to respond but thats okay but never longer than 2 days.I have also called them on multiple occasions and if the first person doesnt answer I just hit up the other but I always get a hold of someone.So I guess my story will be the lone good one so far that was reported LoL

To my knowledge these got built and shipped last week?? You should have them in your hands already, if not extremely soon. Did you not get a tracking number??

To my knowledge these got built and shipped last week?? You should have them in your hands already, if not extremely soon. Did you not get a tracking number??

Yeah Rob I got the tracking last week. I'm an APO customer so it takes up to 2 weeks to receive stuff here. So it should be here by the end of the week or early next week.No rush at all.I know I will be more than happy with my purchase.You should check my build log out for these Alternators over on the SMD Forum http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/123509-kings-2007-avalanchecoco-complete-build/

You would have if I could have paid attention to what I was *supposed* to be building.. I cant apologize enough for that..

Soooo, got the alt hooked up. About exploded my front battery. Its showing 19 volts. We called Stan, he is supposed to talk to a tech. Maybe its the wrong internal regulator? We tried the "sense wiring" and that didnt work. Its not the blue wire for my truck. Any news on this, Rob, Stan, Kyle? If it cant be a fix that I can do, I need it sent back in to get fixed asap. thanks.

I find it somewhat comical how Rob still didn't send me a msg or try to fix my problem that I've faced... oh well... too late to save this customer.

Just a FYI, DC Power left SMD as a partner a while ago and to this day they still arent one. I dont even see a forum for them over there.

Edited by Loud n Clean

Received these 2 weeks ago.Had no problems with DC through this entire transaction.Even was able to get a hold of them to get my order completely done since I am military stationed at an APO.

DSC_0943.jpg

DSC_0944.jpg

DSC_0945.jpg

DSC_0946.jpg