dbeez

wtf? dc power

Was one of those free, to pacify you for the wait?

Don't know what wait you are referring to.I received my alternators on schedule.Even had them powder coated to match my truck.Nothing was free.I wish

Matt still alive and kicking over at mechman, He's always jumped on the phone before Eric started helping out under a year ago. Matt always was cool to put up with my dumbass questions that he's heard a thousand times. Eric from what I understand and correct me if I'm wrong picked up all the forum loads as well as selling units and tech support. From personal experience they have always helped when needed even at the very moment I called while standing overlooking my car wondering about the install.

My opinion is for both companies in that "you can't please them all" They are used to it and by now we should be too. :sleepwerd4:

well my 390 xp (after the long wait) is going to be shipped back to dc. damn thing is charging 19 volts. damn my luck.

well my 390 xp (after the long wait) is going to be shipped back to dc. damn thing is charging 19 volts. damn my luck.

That sucks. Ever thought about just getting your money back and going with Mechman?

seems that 1 person is riding the shit out of this topic. and in some cases not even getting shit right before replying

That sucks. Ever thought about just getting your money back and going with Mechman?

yeah, its on my mind...

seems that 1 person is riding the shit out of this topic. and in some cases not even getting shit right before replying

elaborate

He's talking about loudnclean
Then he better get his sh*t right cause last time I checked, this thread is 5-6 pages long and I have 4 posts in it, and only once was my assertion or insinuation incorrect. Come again

Bad experience with dc power. Took me 2 1/2 months of them lieing to me saying it will be done in a week like 7 times i finally got my money back and ordered from Mechman. 2 weeks later I had a new alternator for 100 bucks cheaper and it is working great. It's producing the power to run my 4,500 rms stereo woo hoo.

Had a great experience BOTH purchases from DC.. wouldn't go with another brand.

Edited by Mac N Cheese

same here...great experience and my alt has been going strong for 2+ years. Always seem to answer my phone calls, or email

I have never had any problems with their products or CS. My brother and I both run DC Power alts on our vehicles and we couldn't be happier.

I bought a dc alt about 2 weeks ago.. Been in the garage for about a week. I've read the horror stories but took them with a grain of salt and so far so good. As long as it performs like it should I'll be giving them my business again in the future

im ordering one soon lets see what happens

I will order one for a VW golf soon.

Eric@Mechman is very helpful so far ! (I'm a new customer !!) I did not try to contact DC or anyone else. I thought about Mike Singer, but just asked Mechman.

I will tell you how it goes and if the alt fits right in the car ! It's not for my car; I'd love to run one too !

So they no longer a vendor on here

Contact Mechman, they have great customer service. I have no experience with their products, yet, but communication has been top notch.

I have and its been great so far.adhd.gif

its funny how you only get to hear the bad experiences from dc power but what about the good experiences and for every one positive feedback from dc power you get hundred bad complains from dc power but honestly if dc power and mechman would to cost the same im 100% sure everyone with mechman would of gotten dc power

its funny how you only get to hear the bad experiences from dc power but what about the good experiences and for every one positive feedback from dc power you get hundred bad complains from dc power but honestly if dc power and mechman would to cost the same im 100% sure everyone with mechman would of gotten dc power

uh huh.. I also think it's a joke how almost everyone on here that has not gone with DC absolutely steers customers from purchasing there alts JUST because of here say. if you have purchased from both Mechman and DC then your opinion is welcomed... if not then don't comment.

because they cant afford it

Edited by CHRIS 323

because they cant afford it

could fill a book with the shit you don't know.. but claim too.

DC has the best alts out there IMO, but CS is horrible if you don't have a GM vehicle.

Going on 14 months now since I paid for my 390xp and I still don't have it.

270xp for my altima took 3-4 weeks. 270xp for my van took 9+ months, 390 was paid for in March of 2011.

If I didn't think they were the best I wouldn't still be waiting. I have team mates with GM vehicles that get alts in under a week.

Yeah I wish I would have been able to try a DC alt but as stated numerous times CS from them sucks big time! I paid for my alt was told it was built, then waiting on parts, then wrong parts, then was going to be shipped out, etc. After 4-5 months i said screw em I think they need to re valuate how to pay like maybe 20% down and the rest when it's ready to ship. As for mechman CS is top notch but don't care for their alts and yes I have one from them but taken out rolling with stock doing a much better job.