Sign in to follow this  
ChaseBordeaux

Looking for Everyday Subs

Around the $400 mark for either 1 or 2. 12" or smaller please. I'm in a 08 Lancer and I want to keep my backseat lol.

Any suggestions on what I should get. Looking for really good deals on subs. I'm new to this so any input is amazing! thanks.

I dunno what your budget is but if you're looking for something that won't require a monster amp or add a ton of weight to the car and still sound and pound like a champ then I'd recommend the SSA DCON or the Fi X series subs.

Just my .02

Around the $400 mark for either 1 or 2. 12" or smaller please. I'm in a 08 Lancer and I want to keep my backseat lol.

Any suggestions on what I should get. Looking for really good deals on subs. I'm new to this so any input is amazing! thanks.

Goals for this system? Budget for amps?

Yeah, we need to know your total budget that includes everything (sub, amp, box, wiring, etc..) and the goals of your set-up. What kind of music do you like and listen to daily?

i have a steady income for the time being so i can save up but maybe $1200 total? Does that sound like a good price?

i listen to rap mostly, a little variety of country. no rock at all.

the goal for the system is to take your breath away

EDIT: Sorry bigjon just not 100% what i'm looking for. Don't have much experience in this game. Just getting some expert opinions.

Edited by UsafBordeaux

you missed half the questions.

i have a steady income for the time being so i can save up but maybe $1200 total? Does that sound like a good price?

Another thing we'll need to know is if you plan on building the box yourself or purchasing it from somebody or some place.

To answer your question, yes $1,200 has the potential to be a nice system.

Another thing we'll need to know is if you plan on building the box yourself or purchasing it from somebody or some place.

To answer your question, yes $1,200 has the potential to be a nice system.

I don't know how to build so probably have someone else build it. or take time to learn how to build. We have a wood shop here on base with all the necessary tools needed. Always welcome to give it a try. ;)

I've replied to more questions in my previous comment too

If you're willing to try to make a box, I say go for it! With only 1 12" ported you should be fine with using only 1 sheet of mdf, so that with glue and screws the box would cost about $50 to $75.

I haven't heard many good set-ups, but I have heard a few Fi subs, and I've loved them all. A BL will cost about $350 shipped, and is a very loud woofer.

For an amp, since you're sort of on a budget, I'd say anything that puts out around 1k rms watts, will be fine, that way upgrading your electrical won't cost a fortune, and you could probably squeeze by with the big 3. Maybe a battery, but lets say the amp costs anywhere from $250 to $350.

Finally, with the wiring, I'd go with 0 guage, and I think I spent about $200 dollars for all my wiring.

That's only about $1,000.. So you have room to play around a little bit! Do some research, and don't be afraid to ask more questions! :fing34:

If you're willing to try to make a box, I say go for it! With only 1 12" ported you should be fine with using only 1 sheet of mdf, so that with glue and screws the box would cost about $50 to $75.

I haven't heard many good set-ups, but I have heard a few Fi subs, and I've loved them all. A BL will cost about $350 shipped, and is a very loud woofer.

For an amp, since you're sort of on a budget, I'd say anything that puts out around 1k rms watts, will be fine, that way upgrading your electrical won't cost a fortune, and you could probably squeeze by with the big 3. Maybe a battery, but lets say the amp costs anywhere from $250 to $350.

Finally, with the wiring, I'd go with 0 guage, and I think I spent about $200 dollars for all my wiring.

That's only about $1,000.. So you have room to play around a little bit! Do some research, and don't be afraid to ask more questions! :fing34:

you think i would be able to find someone to design it for me?

There's a few people here on SSA that design box's as well as build them! Shoot them a PM. I've never been down that route though, so good luck! :ughdunno: lol

Ricksi build. Ryan aka Ram does designs. Others are most likely willing to help if you ask nicely.

Eclectic Enclosure Designs on CarAudio-Forum.com is also a great choice for a box design.