hey everyone, i am looking for a alternator for my 02' f150 5.4 v8. atleast 220amp output. i was at my local shop and he told me to check out power bastards alternators. i did and they have nothing but good reviews on them and there very good on price. my question is if anyone here has every used one before.. i really only have $325 to spend (and thats if and only if my alt. from my ranger ever sells..) i will have my AQ3500.1 running at 2 ohms (2600 watts) to a zcon 15 so i really only need around 2200 watts. i will have all 0 gauge wiring and as of now, no extra batteries. if anyone knows of a better deal on a alternator for the same amout of output or better. please lmk

Thanks guys!

Edited by Lantz

When I talked to hem they were shady. There is someone who bought the alt and it wouldn't fit but I don't recall who it was on here.

I've never used them personally and after seeing 2 of their Fitzalls in action, I wouldn't buy one. I know a cat around here who installed one in his Santa Fe and I don't think it is any better than his stocker was. The other one was in an S-10 and the voltage was so pitiful, the guy swapped it back out for his stock unit before entering the lanes.

I would contact Bigjon if I were looking for a budget ho alt.

There have been multiple instances where customers have purchased there so called "universal" alts and will not fit. Including me. Somewhere on the page it will say modding might have to be done to make these fit. Don't waste your money purchasing one of these alts and then going and having to buy another. Alternators are the LAST thing you want to go cheap on.

Plus not to mention mike is a A hole.

There have been multiple instances where customers have purchased there so called "universal" alts and will not fit. Including me. Somewhere on the page it will say modding might have to be done to make these fit. Don't waste your money purchasing one of these alts and then going and having to buy another. Alternators are the LAST thing you want to go cheap on.

Plus not to mention mike is a A hole.

hmm. ok well power bastards is outta the question lol. any suggestions on a good alt. that will give me 2200-2300 watts for around $325?? i plan on getting $225 from my alt and i can save a hundred in a week or two

Edited by Lantz

year ago i purchased a DC alt for that price and that amp range from them.. Loved it.

Try contacting Mike Singer.

ya I would say go with mike. And tell him that David from 913 customs sent you over there he will take really good care of you!

Nay u ask who mike is? Is he from DC I'm guessing?

No Singer Alternators

No Singer Alternators

When he asked who is Mike, it was in response to Mac N Cheese calling Mike an A Hole. That Mike works for Powerbastard and is not the same as Mike Singer who makes Singer Alternators. I dont see how you got that confused since he mentions the OP to go get a Mike Singer alternator a few posts later.

i found a mike singer 250amp alt. on CACO for 250 + my stock alt. what do u guys think? its amonth old and is still under warrenty

I'd personally do it. Mike makes great alternators that do great power. i'd trade out my 220 anyday for a singer product and most likely will this coming spring.

I'd personally do it. Mike makes great alternators that do great power. i'd trade out my 220 anyday for a singer product and most likely will this coming spring.

this plus its always under warranty.... Mike offers a lifetime warranty on his alternators.... if anything is to go wrong he performs labor for free just the parts to fix it he doesnt cover...... which really you cant beat that. Stuff goes bad and it gets fixed WIN!

^^ that i did not know. now alls i need to do is sell the alt off my ranger and i can get the singer 250. the guy said he would hold the alt. for a week and a half. but after that, he is giving his mom the truck he has with the alternator to drive to NC for the winter so then the alt will be gone!!! if ANYONE needs a alt for a 3.0,4.0 ford v6, please lmk. im in need to sell FAST!!!