Sign in to follow this  
pitbull239

wiring problem with my 4200 avh pionner double din

hey guyz.. having a little problem with my 4200 avh pioneer. I pulled it out doing some little maitnence and then when i put the wire plug to the back of the deck and started it it wouldnt turn on. I drive a 06 escalade and i have to use a wire harness with a interface on it. so what i did was make sure nothing grounded and re connected the power ground and constant yellow and still nothing. then when i unplugged the interface and plugged back in it turned on for about 5 seconds and then shut off again. Could this be a bad interface? or what could it be? please help. thanks

get a test light and be sure you have power on the red and the yellow with the key on.. if you have power on each then do the same thing on the ground.

could be an interface problem.. but also they can be confusing to install.. sure you did it correctly?

get a test light and be sure you have power on the red and the yellow with the key on.. if you have power on each then do the same thing on the ground.

could be an interface problem.. but also they can be confusing to install.. sure you did it correctly?

yeah they all work. Im leaning more towards an interface problem. its just one of those cheaps ones from walmart, ones of those schoses brand name. i need that gmos 4 , from gm. it kinda was giving me problems before by keeping my stereo on while my car was shut off and things like that because my stereo wnt come on without the interface. would do u think?

The stereo stays on in all GM vehicles after it's shut off. Once you open your driver side door the power is cut. Nothing unusual there.

Try leaving the box unplugged for 5-10 minutes. Just to get residual power out of it.

If it doesn't work, go get the proper wiring harness.

I mean, you spend the money for a Cadillac but won't spend the money on the proper installation accessories? :suicide-santa: