Sign in to follow this  
jr711

recone kit

I need to order a kit for an 18 in re mt. I just checked the spider landing on the basket I ordered from fi and and its bigger than 8 in's. Wondering can a kit be made with an 8.5in spider?

No such thing as an 8.5" spider man, you do not need any more diameter then what you already have..especially with the short coil that the MT has.

What I'm mean is that an 8 inch spider won't fit the basket I got from you.

My RE MT's had 8" spiders. Why wouldn't yours?

My RE MT's had 8" spiders. Why wouldn't yours?

I know mt's have 8 in spiders but the basket I got from fi must be flawed. I'll post pics later.

Edited by jr711

I doubt that very seriously, post a picture of it.

The flange on the 18" basket is MUCH wider then it needs to be, you have to put a bead of glue on the edge of the spiders and on the spider landing and then put it together which makes one large bead.

Only leave me less than a 1/4 inch to mount spider

6464590227_55f55a34d7_b.jpg

IMAG0725 by cartman38, on Flickr

Looks like a standard 12 spoke basket.

Nope built 100's of them like that and never have had an issue with them coming off. That's the 18" American 12 spoke basket. We made the flange much larger then it needed to be.

Why won't it fit?

Only way I'm not seeing it fit is, if the spider is to big, or to small, where its not touching the fange.

Why won't it fit?

Only way I'm not seeing it fit is, if the spider is to big, or to small, where its not touching the fange.

Spider is barely touching the flange all the way around,flange is too big. Never seen a basket made like this.

We have built hundreds of them like that..it has the exact same contact surface area on the bond joint that the Chinese baskets do. Except we made the flange much wider on the outside so we have a better looking glue bead all the way around and it doesn't look like a 7 year old kid built it. The flange is not too big.

It's totally fine, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it at all.

We have built hundreds of them like that..it has the exact same contact surface area on the bond joint that the Chinese baskets do. Except we made the flange much wider on the outside so we have a better looking glue bead all the way around and it doesn't look like a 7 year old kid built it. The flange is not too big.

It's totally fine, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it at all.

^Lol

Sign in to follow this