Sign in to follow this  
forsellb

Why are they so cheap!?

I've seen several topics on this forum and other forums selling the Sundown 4500D for $900-1100 in just opened or unopened condition. Last I remember, they MSRPed for over $1800. I've been away from car audio for a while and I was wondering if there is a big scam out, or the 4500D just isn't what its crack up to be, or whats going on with that?

I've seen several topics on this forum and other forums selling the Sundown 4500D for $900-1100 in just opened or unopened condition. Last I remember, they MSRPed for over $1800. I've been away from car audio for a while and I was wondering if there is a big scam out, or the 4500D just isn't what its crack up to be, or whats going on with that?

Once you drive the car off the lot...

Hardly anything sells for MSRP on the internet. lol That's that average going price for a used 4500.

^^^^ He's right.

No joke? That's amazing. I seen a guy selling them BNIB for $1100... Wish I was on for that. Thanks guy! I was just a bit leery of a damn good deal.

No Joke.

Isn't the saz-4500d discontinued as well? If I remember correctly the NS-1 will replace it as far as power output goes.

Isn't the saz-4500d discontinued as well? If I remember correctly the NS-1 will replace it as far as power output goes.

Correct.

Used 4500s typically go for 850 - 1000 or so on the forums depending on condition.

They are still a very good quality amp -- but being used immediately drops a big portion of product value for re-sale; just like the above mentioned car analogy.