Sign in to follow this  
loondizie52

3.5 in speakers

3 members have voted

1. 1. Which 3.5in speaker?

• Infinity ref http://www.woofersetc.com/p-8269-3032cf-infinity-reference-3-12-2-way-75-watt-reference-series-coaxial-speakers.aspx
    • JL TR http://www.woofersetc.com/p-931-tr350cxi-jl-audio-35-tr-series-coaxials-speakers.aspx
    • JBL GTO http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17728_JBL-GTO328-GTO-328.html
    • Boston S35 http://www.woofersetc.com/p-3386-s35-boston-acoustics-35-2-way-car-speakers.aspx

im looking for some 3.5 inch coaxials in dash of a Jeep Commander to complement some morel maximo 6x9's and 6.5's off stock head unit

looking for something not too bright, with the right sound to match morels.

So far looking at infinity ref, JL tr, JBl GTo and Boston S35s. What would you pick?

thought about it and would love to but i dont want to hack my dash. im trying to get something that will complement that same sound though.

I'm not real sure what you are trying to accomplish here ... What is in your stock dash locations now ??

I would get a new component set for the front and stick the tweeters in that spot. I have done this on a few jeeps and the results were good.

it has 3.5's in the dash now but they are the stock speakers. Im trying to get a good overall sound off the stock deck. I dont like super bright speakers that are tinny like infinity's

it has 3.5's in the dash now but they are the stock speakers. Im trying to get a good overall sound off the stock deck. I dont like super bright speakers that are tinny like infinity's

Go to your local car stereo store and listen to some. You dont have to buy them there.

let me ask this, rather than putting 3.5 in dash and 6x9 in front doors. im thinking it might be a bit much up front. would i be better off with a good 6.5 component set, with woofer in door and tweeter in dash? the dash tweeter would face straight up towards the windshield

Since you like the morels so much i would get the morel tempo 6.5's for the doors but it depends on what your willing to spend to achieve your goal, just make sure you deaden the doors to get the best possible low end from them.

let me ask this, rather than putting 3.5 in dash and 6x9 in front doors. im thinking it might be a bit much up front. would i be better off with a good 6.5 component set, with woofer in door and tweeter in dash? the dash tweeter would face straight up towards the windshield

I think thats what S De Young tried to tell you. :ughdunno:

ya i know, im just concerned that with just the tweeter in the dash and woofer in door it wont be enough or sound right

What are your goals for this? What do you not like now?

ya i know, im just concerned that with just the tweeter in the dash and woofer in door it wont be enough or sound right

But you said the same thing.And being a jeep owner I love that combo!

Ya id go with a comp set. Esp if later on down the line you wanna amp the front conpnents up and get a new headunit. I got some image dynamics 6.5 running off a sundown125.2 with a kenwood headunit. Shit is nice and gets loud as fuck while still staying super clear

Edited by Ethan

Post is a little old, not sure if you already bought it, but YES. I have a Challenger, not a Jeep, but I have the tweeter of my component set in the dash and the woofer in the door and really like it. The adapter plate with the tweeter and woofer in the door location didn't do it for me, didn't like the imaging/staging at all. Moved the tweeter to the stock dash location and lifted the sound stage, much happier. If you already upgraded, what did you get and are you happy with it?