edoggrc51

Which Fi sub for Home Theater??

Hey guys, sort of a newbie question here. Which of your subs (if any) would be best suited for home theater use?? Im looking for four 18in drivers to use in 2 sealed cabinets. Im hoping for a flat response from 8hz on up.

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated! :drink40:

Check out the Q model for a sealed or ported enclosure.

IB for infinite baffle setup.

Also I think there starting up their home audio section, I think its called blue print audio.

please do not have ceiling fans or 2x4s exposed in the same room for this setup..

I will have a mental breakdown.

Check out the Q model for a sealed or ported enclosure.

IB for infinite baffle setup.

Also I think there starting up their home audio section, I think its called blue print audio.

Thanks for the reply. I'll check out the Q driver (cant do IB, no space) and maybe give them a call tomorrow.

In the mean time any other suggestions is greatly appreciated.

please do not have ceiling fans or 2x4s exposed in the same room for this setup..

huh??? :ughdunno:

No fans or exposed 2x4's LOL!

trust me, the members of SSA know what i am talking about, for a member as new as you laughing at it.. you fit right in with the rest of our opinions..

Trust me.. do a little lookin around and you'll see what i'm referring to..

huh??? :ughdunno:

No fans or exposed 2x4's LOL!

yeah check kryptonitewhite's vids...its all over the place. his house always looks like a construction yard with all the tweaking he does.

trust me, the members of SSA know what i am talking about, for a member as new as you laughing at it.. you fit right in with the rest of our opinions..

Trust me.. do a little lookin around and you'll see what i'm referring to..

Funny thing is his videos came to mind when i read your post. Just wasnt sure if you were talking about him. :lol2:

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Let the record show there are no exposed 2x4's or exposed ceiling fans in our theater room. :bigok:

f699120d.jpg

bc31c271.jpg

Edited by edoggrc51

looks like i'll be planning a trip to Fontana pretty soon.. :)

WOW, that looks awesome!

I think the Q might be the sub of choice for your needs. What for power and processing are you running?

Thanks fellas!

My current subs (Epik Conquests) have plenty of output, but im looking to get solidly into the single digits. Im hoping a 4pk of the 18in Q's can do that for me.

WOW, that looks awesome!

I think the Q might be the sub of choice for your needs. What for power and processing are you running?

Im running a Denon 4311ci (XT32) and an SMS-1.

I dont have an amp right now but will pick some up as soon as i figure out what driver Im gonna go with.

I believe Fi can optimize the woofer for home audio, not sure what exactly that entails but i think i read they did it for someone else.

Flat to 8hz sealed isn't going to happen unless you have significant room gain. Hell, most electronics aren't going to be flat down to 8hz.

Does it have to be sealed? How much room do you have to play with?

If I were looking to use Fi drivers for a dedicated HT setup, personally I would be looking more along the lines of the SP4's in an LLT. For example, a pair of 18" SP4's would have more output than a quartet of 18" Q's sealed from 30hz and down, depending on enclosure sizes and tuning the pair of SP4's could have up to 10db more output at various points in that range. That's on slightly less power to the SP4's (5kw on the Sp4's, 6kw on the Q's).

Also interested to know what u will be using for LPF subsonic etc.

Room looks pretty sweet. except for the exposed floor. Are those custom speakers? Maybe you can do a line array of woofers...since you say u wanted four speakers I assume you wanted one in each corner; is that right?

Also interested to know what u will be using for LPF subsonic etc.

Room looks pretty sweet. except for the exposed floor. Are those custom speakers? Maybe you can do a line array of woofers...since you say u wanted four speakers I assume you wanted one in each corner; is that right?

I'll be using the SMS-1 for the LPF.

The room is not dedicated, so i take what i can get from the wifey. :)

I'd be using 2 subs per cabinet in each of the rear corners. No room for them up front unfortunately.

I was wondering this same question about some woofers. I am a beast with car audio, but when it comes to home audio...... :suicide-santa:

Let the record show there are no exposed 2x4's or exposed ceiling fans in our theater room. :bigok:

f699120d.jpg

bc31c271.jpg

:wub:

Flat to 8hz sealed isn't going to happen unless you have significant room gain. Hell, most electronics aren't going to be flat down to 8hz.

Could you please explain this? Reason I ask is because I've seen quite a few builds with people using using sealed subs and getting flat responses well into single digits. I realize all rooms are different, which is why I'm not opposed to adding more subs to increase output. But I'm thinking 4 Q's (or 2 of the SP4's as you suggested) might be a good start.

wow your home theater room looks nice !!!

go with the SP4's :)

ahhhhhaha good old krytonightwhite, him and his silly setups!