AllenH427

N2 Reconing Pros

I'm about to recone my N2s, as well as changing the size of the basket. Shipping is over $160 to Fi and back and that's a real bank breaker for a poor guy like myself. How easy is it to change the basket on the N2s, and is it easy enough to recone a sub by an average joe?

It's fairly simple to do correctly, and twice as simple to screw up. If you don't have the experience, send it back, get it done correctly and with a warranty, otherwise you run the risk of doing it incorrectly and then you're out even more money.

It's fairly simple to do correctly, and twice as simple to screw up. If you don't have the experience, send it back, get it done correctly and with a warranty, otherwise you run the risk of doing it incorrectly and then you're out even more money.

x2

The shipping is 160 dollar, i think he can get 2 recones for the price of 1 recone+shipping.

I would do it myself, you can even screw up 1 time and not lose money.

Although i don't think it's easy to change the basket properly because i have never done that before.

And how much is a warranty worth in the world of speakers? The only thing when the warrenty comes into play is if they have done it wrong.

The shipping is 160 dollar, i think he can get 2 recones for the price of 1 recone+shipping.

I would do it myself, you can even screw up 1 time and not lose money.

Although i don't think it's easy to change the basket properly because i have never done that before.

And how much is a warranty worth in the world of speakers? The only thing when the warrenty comes into play is if they have done it wrong.

No warranty on the BTLs. I can think of many different things I could've done wrong, speakers just magically don't blow so it shouldn't be covered under a warranty.

Ummm..those spacers are supposed to the be there..you might crack your basket if you tightened those longer screws down too much..not to mention it has significantly less surface area do clamp to.

Why did you take them out?!

I love it when people modify already great woofers.

I love it when people modify already great woofers.

Now they are "custom."