two sa12s or one BTL 15

15 members have voted

1. 1. two sa12s or one BTL 15

• 2 sa12s
    • 1 BTL 15

Depends on power at that point.

Which BTL?

what car? power? impedance? color? age? zodiac? sex? ... oh wait... :peepwall:

lmao its a 94 civic hatch but i got my other sa12 on the way and its gonna be 1500w

So you already have 1 sa-12 but you ordered a second and now asking which will be louder on 1500w? Well the answer is easy then, keep what you got and if it isn't loud ENOUGH then upgrade son!! lol

So you already have 1 sa-12 but you ordered a second and now asking which will be louder on 1500w? Well the answer is easy then, keep what you got and if it isn't loud ENOUGH then upgrade son!! lol

I agree. I would think that with quite a bit more power (more then 2000) the btl would shine but doubt you would be unhappy with 2 sa 12's.

I would think that with quite a bit more power (more then 2000) the btl would shine

i disagree .. 2000 watts is just fine for a BTL

I would think that with quite a bit more power (more then 2000) the btl would shine

x2

What makes you think a BTL needs more than 2000 watts to "Shine" (whatever that means)? I hope not youtube videos.

I would make it shine with 1k.

Well since you already have 2 SA-12. Build a properly aligned enclosure and see what it does on the meter. To many variables to tell you which will be louder!

x2

What makes you think a BTL needs more than 2000 watts to "Shine" (whatever that means)? I hope not youtube videos.

I was just thinking about previous setups I've had where subs like the dd9500's really come alive above a certain amount of power. I've only seen one btl in person on a rockford 1000bd and it moved a lot but also this kid tends to overdrive it. (way into clipping) so maybe they arent as power hungry as i am assuming???

I've had a few 3000-4000 watt systems a few years back (10 years ago - single sub setups) but things were a bit different back then and I don't have enough personal experience with FI subwoofers to be taken too seriously. I've only heard a ssd and a btl (both 12's).

Edited by IceWaLL

The BTL actually has a coil, that certainly helps.

No sub comes alive at a certain point. Every sub made gets progressively worse in performance as power increases over 1 watt.

No sub comes alive at a certain point. Every sub made gets progressively worse in performance as power increases over 1 watt.

Lol @ the raw truth