Sign in to follow this  
imsolost7886

Clamp and DMM setup need help!

Our team is looking to purchase a clamp meter/dmm setup for competition this year, some guys are running 1000rms, others will be above 7500rms. So I've been looking at the fluke 376 clamp meter. But when I get to looking at DMM/s, I'm lost as to what we really need. I'd really like to get some and seriously need help. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd be very appreciative. Basic goals are to find out exactly what our box rise is, and how much power we are actually drawing so we can fuse properly. I'm looking at a clamp meter that will read up to 1000A so we have some overhead. Also looked at the iFlex cable for the Fluke, would that be worth while? Thanks for any and all help, If need be I'll spend the money, but if I can get away with a good clamp setup for cheaper that does everything we need, it'd be stupid for me to spend extra.

See what you can get an Fluke 87 for. Overkill, but worth the $300-$400 they go for... True RMS also, up to about 400Hz I think...

Look at an external clamp for the 87 also....

found the fluke 87 on ebay for around 150. what do u think about the fluke 376 clamp?

I don't know about that probe.

Anything Fluke is going to be decent.

I have an 87, and have always been happy. High quality and no problems. I had my personal one calibrated at work and it met all standards, it was also 4 years old...

found the fluke 87 on ebay for around 150. what do u think about the fluke 376 clamp?

We used the 337 at work and never had a problem with them. The 376 replaced the 337.

i have a fluke 87 for sale. or trade. ONLY cuz i bought the fluke 123. thats my suggestion to everyone!!! o-scope and every other meter or measurement you'll ever need. plus it dual input.