Mpannell23

Newbie saying hi from texas

Hey everyone I'm Michael and just ran across this forum/store looking at a couple sa-15s. Looked around for a while and have seen some great builds and a lot of info so thought I would check in and introduce myself. I've been into car audio for about 13 years but have just lately wanted to start building my own setups instead of buying crap from Craigslist. As of now I have a quantum audio cosmik 15 in my first built ported box that ended up being about 6 cubic feet and tuned to 35. Didn't realize it would be such a giant when building it lol. But it sounds good and I'm going to be starting a new bigger build with in the month and can't wait to show everyone and get some good info while building so i don't end up with another box entirely too big for my sub lol. Also my badass Jensen A220 amp pushing a hard 100 watts lol.

:WELCOME: to SSA!

You won't find a better car audio forum.

:eek5wavey:

cableguy184 love the truck! my buddy just got a 98 sierra extra cab but lifted it instead with 35s on it i like your look much better

:WELCOME: to the forum!!!

Not only will you not find a better forum, but you won't find a better bunch of people anywhere who are willing to help or a better wealth of audio knowledge all in one place.

That's what I'm looking for Alton, ill have a lot of questions with me up coming build, it won't be anything huge but I want it to be as good as I can possibly get it so I figured a good forum is the place for me. Thanks to everyone for making me feel welcome

There's several members on here from your state, and a few I think may be fairly close as well. Hard to beat having some of these guys nearby.

Welcome! Greetings from texas as well :)

i would love to have some people near by... orlando are you in austin?

san marcos here.

Yeah im in east part

Where are you from?

east austin and san marcos... im in wimberley actually for the time being moving to ft worth in a month or two whats up on some demos! i havent heard loud beat in a really long time

Ive heard of wimberly but dont know exaclt where its at..ill look it up

I know Jon is the loudest true trunk i know of in central texas

And my system gets pretty loud as well does 149 on burps 46's on music

Edited by orlando144

Your pretty close to san marcos.

We should have some type of SSA meet sometime

yeah im about 15 minutes from san marcos and 30 from south austin. im down to meet up but id be embarrassed by my setup lol. ive spent about 45 bucks on mine and that was for the plywood for the box because the hardware store here doesnt carry mdf lol.

the loudest setup ive heard was a buddy in baton rouge a few years ago and he was hitting 147 on music. nobody i hangout with is into audio like i am. they are happy with a cd player and stock speakers. its lonely in this town lol

Shit who cares what system you have as long as you got a passion for audio its all good

I can round up some friends here in austin so you can get demos of some loud setups

When do you hve time to meet? If you can..

you name the time and i will be there. i'll just have to clean the whip up a little bit. i am glad i joined this forum lol