91 Turbo Civic, SounDigital 16KD, 4 15 BTL N2s Walled

Nice choice, dat ish is gna be phat yo!

alright well i decided to switch to 4 15" N2s !!

i just bought MemphisMzd's 2 15" N2s

then tomorrow im ordering recone kits, baskets, and glue from Fi to recone my 18s into 15s....

ill post some pics once i get some items :)

Nice!

ricksi, is that now a SP4 are your avatar????????????????????

No it is his old Zcon.

Back on topic, sounds like a good plan you have. 4 subs will probably like that 14k more than 2 subs would.

then tomorrow im ordering recone kits, baskets, and glue from Fi to recone my 18s into 15s....

Nice!

ricksi, is that now a SP4 are your avatar????????????????????

Correct it is my old ZCON. Throwing around a ton of different possibilities for the new build so we will see.

14K I'm really looking forward to your build. Four 15's was an awesome choice. :fing34:

If you need help reconing them I can help

Good choice, I can't wait to see this one finished.

Nice! Tuned in.

Edited by PHATBOi

Thanks everyone!

tonight i tore up my 18s... felt weird cutting up perfectly good subs lol... the cone and spider was pretty tough to cut through.... steak knife ftw lol.... i still need to detach the motors from the baskets but i need a impact screwdriver to do it...

heres what Fi told me " You have to chip off the glue on the top of the heads of the screws with a screw driver and use an impact screwdriver that you hit with a hammer to remove the screws. Do not try to do it with an electric one, you must use the hammer type from Sears/Craftsman."

should be pretty easy putting them back together... dont have to scrape baskets lol since im getting new ones...hardest part should be soldering leads in which im really good at soldering so shouldnt be a issue...

heres a purchase i made from Fi today:

Untitled-1.png

Internet explorer? What is this the 90's? Lol

Those impact screwdrivers work pretty well. Be sure you use the right size bit or it will strip it in a hurry. AMHIK

Internet explorer? What is this the 90's? Lol

Those impact screwdrivers work pretty well. Be sure you use the right size bit or it will strip it in a hurry. AMHIK

lol thats from my computer at work... i use firefox on my computer

Edited by 14K

once again i cant change the name of my thread... after a couple of days it takes away the ability to edit my post :(

just ordered 2 cans of coppershield for the bussbars... and ordered 60 4" clamps to help with the reconing :)

well heres some pics of the tear downs of the 18s

before:

IMG_1890.jpg

IMG_1891.jpg

after:

IMG_1892.jpg

IMG_1893.jpg

IMG_1894.jpg

also when i received the stetsom 14k it had a scratch in the circle red part after stetsom... well after some paint it looks brand new:

before:

IMG_1670.jpg

after:

IMG_1886.jpg

Edited by 14K

I spy KITTTTY

I spy KITTTTY

lol yup... we found him outside as a baby... prob only 5 weeks old when we found him... could fit in the palm of one hand....honestly thought he was gonna die lol.... but hes a beast now haha... we named him Simba lol

once we get a house were def gonna get a rott for outside... right now we live in a apt. so no dogs allowed :(

I'd be shitting bricks while ripping up those subs.

I'd be shitting bricks while ripping up those subs.

Shogen, you gotta fix your sig man, takes up wayyy too much of the page.

im tuned in to see how this build turns out :popcorn:

got 2 cans of copper shield in the mail today.... phuckin 60 bucks for 2 cans so it better work lol :rofl2: ... says it lasts up to 10 years too so we'll see

http://stormgrounding.electrical-insulators-and-copper-ground-bars.com/copper-shield.html?gclid=COCsq-P7iq4CFQReTAodp0Hvxw

clamps i bought for the reconing im gonna be doing soon:

red and silver ones are 4" clamps and multicolor ones are 2" clamps

IMG_1898.jpg

IMG_1901.jpg

coppershield paint for the bussbars:

Crystal-clear Storm Copper Coat® is formulated from a blend of acrylic resins specifically designed for use on copper that also contain a UV inhibitor that prevents darkening due to sunlight exposure, plus an agent to prevent corrosion under the finish. Normal clear enamel or lacquer paints will not prevent the aging of copper. Storm Copper Coat® will protect the new copper for a period of up to 10-12 years in an exterior application.

IMG_1904.jpg

IMG_1908.jpg

also since i have to tape off some parts of the bussbars for like the battery terminals and for the welding cable ring terminals i bought this electrical grease to keep the bussbars from oxidizing in those spots...

NO-OX-ID "A SPECIAL" Electrical contact grease prevents rust and corrision at critical grounding connections. Soft, easy to apply, A special blend of metal wetting agents and rust inhibitors with an added solvent that allows for spray or brush application that leaves a thick, semi-transparent, non-drying film that holds up indefinitely to the elements.

IMG_1922.jpg

Also got 2 packages today :D

IMG_1912.jpg

2 15" BTL N2s

IMG_1917.jpg

IMG_1920.jpg

IMG_1915.jpg

IMG_1918.jpg

When i bought the recones from Fi i bought a pack of 4" white Fi decals so i can replace those blue decals with white ones ^^^^

now im just waiting on the recones from Fi so i can change my 18s into 15s....gonna start on the wall either this weekend or next :)

well getting around $5K for tax returns .... thinking about switching amps for various reasons.... if i get it ill sell the 14k for cheap

heres a tease of the amp ill prob be getting ;)

16kd2.jpg

sd16k.jpg

photo2wk.jpg

7014b07b.jpg

dang son what amp is that ? sound digital?

Nice build btw . I like the hole car . I have 2 civics 95 coupe and 97 4dr love them .

Edited by nicwatts

thinking about switching amps for various reasons.... if i get it ill sell the 14k for cheap

Hopefully its becaise you came to your senses and realized Stetsom sucks. and dont but a sound digital either. you have nice subs go with a nice amp.

But then whats your name gonna change too the fourth time?

Glad the btls made it there safe man. I think you need to get the motivation to get moving lol.

dang son what amp is that ? sound digital?

Nice build btw . I like the hole car . I have 2 civics 95 coupe and 97 4dr love them .

thanks. ya its a soundigital 16k. was thinking about a kicker warhorse but i want more than 10k.... 16k sounds good to me...

Glad the btls made it there safe man. I think you need to get the motivation to get moving lol.

haha im glad too... they came in perfect condition though like brand new :)

and ya i need to talk to my dad to see if i can go use his friends shop so i can start on my wall... i gots the money but need to start building lol...

Hopefully its becaise you came to your senses and realized Stetsom sucks. and dont but a sound digital either. you have nice subs go with a nice amp.

But then whats your name gonna change too the fourth time?

haha i will be .... 16k :D

and i dont think stetsoms suck... just not sure how reliable it will be .... plus its the 16v version so im looking for something that does rated at 12v....

what nice amp should i look into.... i want something more than 10k.... was thinking about a dc12k... but i know ill want more power than 12k.... plus soundigital is beast! 16k @ 12v....20k @ 16v

check these vids ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Glo6HwwUiDs

SD= Stetsom. same shit different toilet.

and how do you know you will want more than 12k. you have only ever had 4k.