91 Turbo Civic, SounDigital 16KD, 4 15 BTL N2s Walled

got it all sealed off today.... still gonna use some expanding foam in some areas... but turned out pretty good i would say...

passanger side:

IMG_2599.jpg

IMG_2600.jpg

IMG_2594.jpg

driver side:

IMG_2591.jpg

IMG_2592.jpg

IMG_2593.jpg

Nice! What are you doing about your alt? Was it stock or h/o?

Nice! What are you doing about your alt? Was it stock or h/o?

it was a ho alt... mechman 220a...

well ive been talking to them... finally figured out the prob.... they sent the alt with a smaller pulley than the stock one.... well since im revving the engine up to 8K the alt cant handle it....

"Our units are not designed for that kind of RPM with the pulley we send it out with. Our units are pullied for the stock RPM redline that your vehicle came with from the factory, which is significantly lower than 8,000 rpm. If you are running that kind of RPM, you will need to run a larger pulley on the alternator to slow it down. Keep in mind, that this will dramatically reduce idle output. We will need to know the first and last name that you used when you purchased the unit, and also the idle speed of your engine and the diameter of your crankshaft pulley. Once we have all that, I can issue you an RGA with the details written on it so we can modify the unit for how you are using it. "

Edited by 16K

I like the way you sealed of the sides..... looks.... familiar.

Yep, i thought that's what it was... Glad it was an easy find.

I like the way you sealed of the sides..... looks.... familiar.

hehe yes i got the idea from you.... thanks drew :)

Yep, i thought that's what it was... Glad it was an easy find.

and thanks to sean here... he helped me figure out the prob with the alt....

thanks sean :)

Looks good TIM! You should keep up the good work! Sealing off the wall turned out great. And i LOL win they said its not designed for 8k rpm, well no shit :Doh:

Things are really coming together nice man fing34.gif

You coming to Slamology? I'm being lazy if you've already answered or stated this......mamoru-tehe.gif

You coming to Slamology? I'm being lazy if you've already answered or stated this......mamoru-tehe.gif

He said no, cuz he's :gay:

You should keep up the good work! Sealing off the wall turned out great.

thats the plan ;)

na i live in missouri... too far of a drive for my civic... its not very reliable on long drives lol

Looking good tim

thanks kyle :)

alright i guess ill go ahead and update....

shipped my alt to mechman... there gonna fix it and put a bigger pulley on it.... this way i should have no more issues with it....

i built another top for the batt box... plus i built some side panels.... all which will be painted white:

IMG_2605.jpg

IMG_2607.jpg

IMG_2611.jpg

IMG_2620.jpg

holes cut on the side for the speaker wires, rcas, and remote wire:

IMG_2629.jpg

IMG_2633.jpg

holes cut for the 4/0 power and ground:

IMG_2631.jpg

IMG_2634.jpg

IMG_2639.jpg

IMG_2642.jpg

heres what the front is looking like....top and bottom are foamed up... gonna do sides soon have to get more foam lol....i still need to go get another sheet of 3/4" mdf so i can make the front cover then paint it white....port will be painted red or black still not sure...

IMG_2613.jpg

IMG_2612.jpg

i have a show coming up on the 22nd i want to be done by....so thats my goal ....

Edited by 16K

oh shit you got foam all over the subs and donr look now your missing a gasket on 1 too! :P

looks clean and neat with 1 big asss amp sitting back there... close to being done, do you have the factory alt to throw in if need be?

Purple RCAs are badass, good luck with the rest of your build!

there are more shows than that.. theres one up in KC for NW audio, theres another at KC rim shop... and more

oh shit you got foam all over the subs and donr look now your missing a gasket on 1 too! tongue.png

looks clean and neat with 1 big asss amp sitting back there... close to being done, do you have the factory alt to throw in if need be?

lmao thanks :)

the foam will clean off dont worry.... :) and ya i have the factory alt.... just dont wanna use it lol..

Purple RCAs are badass, good luck with the rest of your build!

lol i love the purple rcas :)

thanks man

there are more shows than that.. theres one up in KC for NW audio, theres another at KC rim shop... and more

lol ya i know... but the show on the 22nd is only 20-30 min away so i wont have to drive that far lol... you should come its the one in Sedalia

clean that ish up foo!

the front cover will cover up most of it.... plus the headliner is gonna go back in as well....so i mainly just need to clean up the subs....

i might put a stripper pole in depending how bad the flex is....

i also figured out a way to put the side panels in the back, straight so the back area looks bigger.... instead of curving in towards the back like in the other pics...

Edited by 16K

Finally got all the terminals on my 4/0 cables, the power and ground cables for the amp will each be only 2 feet long :)

IMG_2659.jpg

4/0 ftw:

IMG_2652.jpg

little preview... still need to clean up buss bars and stuff.... this was just a test fit:

IMG_2662.jpg

IMG_2663.jpg

bought this 300a switch for my batts.... i have a drain somewhere... always have... so this will stop from draining my batterys.... im gonna build a little box for it and mount it to the bottom of the wall behind the passanger seat:

IMG_2664.jpg

i got the front all sealed off and foamed.... didnt get any pics of that cause it looks like crap til i clean up the foam lol....

for the front i still need to get a sheet of 3/4" to make a cover and paint it white.... make a box for the batt switch... mount it....

the port will be painted a bright red... i already got the paint...

for the back i just need to clean the bus bars... mount all of the wiring.... screw on the top of the batt box.... paint it white.... paint and mount the side panels.... mount and hook up the amp.....

then maybe ill do some blue leds in the back...

Edited by 16K

it maybe easier just to find the draw, its a pretty simple car, its most likely a relay that's stuck open.

i tell my boss the same thing, we use one of those on #13 one of our 18 wheeler wreckers hes too cheap to pay someone to track it down... so it never gets done!

looking good ,

Looks good tim, you need to come up to the NW show this weekend!

Chsweet

Let me guess, your favorite colors are red and white. :P That's some serious equipment you got there. I feel sorry for the little car. It ain't gonna survive on week once that system is up and running. :D Good luck with the setup. Can't wait to see some vids of it in action. :)

Looks good man! Where did you get that switch? I also have a parasitic drain that I can't figure out.

Looks good man! Where did you get that switch? I also have a parasitic drain that I can't figure out.

Summit racing has them. We have used them on a few drag cars. I would opt for the heavy duty 300a over the standard 175a. Would also recommend using the moroso and not a knock off. The cheaper ones are cheap for a reason as my buddy found out

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MOR-74102/